Woodlands lakes???

Jonny w

Hi guys I’m thinking about booking a small fishing holiday For me and my kids at woodland lakes In august/September, in one of the lodges, my question is has anyone on here been in one of the lodges, are they any good? And what’s the fishing like at woodlands these days? last Time I went was a long time ago, fishing was great but pegs etc needed some TLC, and one last question does anyone actually know how big the carp get to in woodlands? Only I’ve heard multiple different opinions some people say 20 pound some say 25 some people say no no there some over 30 pounds at woodlands, does anyone on here actually know? not that I’ll catch them lol, but I’m just interested, many thanks.

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
Phone Craig at the tackle shop for all information. Plus you could order your bait here. There is also a Facebook page if you're on there.

Jonny w

Has know one on here ever had one of the lodges? Oh well I’ve just took the plunge and booked one of the alder 3 lodges for 7 nights on the 4th of September, so hope it’s good, going to try and fish some of the lakes at woodlands, but I here the oaks at sessay is very good as is morndyke which is just over the road, going to try and fish them all and hopefully break my record of 16 pound 10oz

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Has know one on here ever had one of the lodges? Oh well I’ve just took the plunge and booked one of the alder 3 lodges for 7 nights on the 4th of September, so hope it’s good, going to try and fish some of the lakes at woodlands, but I here the oaks at sessay is very good as is morndyke which is just over the road, going to try and fish them all and hopefully break my record of 16 pound 10oz
The lodges are really good ,i have stopped there and loved every minute ,they are very spacious clean , a very nice hot tub to . Very very nice place

Jonny w

The lodges are really good ,i have stopped there and loved every minute ,they are very spacious clean , a very nice hot tub to . Very very nice place
Thanks for the information Robert that very reassuring to hear, which of the woodlands lakes did you fish and which would you recommend? Did you fish any of the other venues near by? Thanks again I was starting to get a little anxious as it was expensive and there’s very little information or reviews for the lodges.

Jonny w

It's a good set up - you wont be disappointed
That’s great to hear thanks, any idea how big the carp get down there, think I’m just going to go for the lumps and try to break my record of 16 pound 10oz, I hear there’s some over 20, is there some over 30 do you know?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Thanks for the information Robert that very reassuring to hear, which of the woodlands lakes did you fish and which would you recommend? Did you fish any of the other venues near by? Thanks again I was starting to get a little anxious as it was expensive and there’s very little information or reviews for the lodges.
I fished a few of the main lakes ,crlew snd partridge, sessay is very good to. The lodges are fantastic dont worry

stephenk

Site Supporter
That’s great to hear thanks, any idea how big the carp get down there, think I’m just going to go for the lumps and try to break my record of 16 pound 10oz, I hear there’s some over 20, is there some over 30 do you know?
We're more "match" anglers so fished the match lakes mainly. Did have them to low doubles from one of the older lakes (fox covert ??). Theres an old lake as you enter the site which might hold bigger fish.

Lodges are first class.

Jonny w

We're more "match" anglers so fished the match lakes mainly. Did have them to low doubles from one of the older lakes (fox covert ??). Theres an old lake as you enter the site which might hold bigger fish.

Lodges are first class.
I think the one your talking about may be called willowgarth, I’ve also heard that lake holds some large carp over 20 pounds I know that for sure.

Paulg84

I have rang the tackle shop but they said they have nothing to do with the lodges.
The lodges are fantastic we go 3 or 4 times a year,there is a new leisure centre open was meant to be opening at Easter but with the covid never did.Hopefully be open for September swimming pool etc.Tackle shop great and fishing great.I personally go out with the family for the day and come back and fish 4pm till I can’t see my float. Fish under your feet and keep the feed going in, I was catching 7lb-8lb fish one a chuck on kestrel last time but there is bigger in.Willowgarth there is a peg with a board at the side you can catch one a chuck on there too,some lovely ghosties in there.The four square match lakes I haven’t fished yet curlew,wagtail,partridge and skylark but there’s is some real lumps in.I prefer to creep around the others which are quite and not matched up.

Jonny w

Wow thanks for that picture, can get a idea of the place now, can anyone fish any lake if you know what I mean? Or is there certain lakes reserved for just matches etc.., just been on the Facebook page and there a stunning orange carp in partridge could be a koi I’m not sure But 20 pound plus, lovely looking fish, if you catch it you get £30 quids worth of bait as well from the tackle shop.

stephenk

Site Supporter
When we went we just bought a day ticket (needed to do this even though we were staying in the lodges). We then had the run of the complex - except a couple of lakes where matches were booked. Just check at the shop when you arrive.

Jonny w

When we went we just bought a day ticket (needed to do this even though we were staying in the lodges). We then had the run of the complex - except a couple of lakes where matches were booked. Just check at the shop when you arrive.
Ok will do, how busy was it when you were there? Hope it’s not mega mega busy, a pal of mine went two weeks ago and struggled to get a peg it was so busy.