woodlands lake thirsk information

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkarper

can anybody give me any up to date information on how the complex is fishing and what baits to use ,flavours, the average depth ,the species to target, and methods any information helpful and thanks in advance

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Kingkarper,

At the moment it is pellet that is scoring more times than most. Corn is working as well and so is maggot for the rudd.
Average depths on the match lakes is about 5-6foot at 9-16 metres

Main species are carp, rudd & skimmers

Dave
Datafile2.asp

adam

if your pleasure fishing go on cock phesant opposite the cafe and if you get there early get on the very 1st ireland and fish the feeder or waggler with pellet or meat also try chopped worm for silver fish if your struggling for carp if its a match what lake are you on

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
i think youre on some of the rectangular lakes round the back of the caf as i sure i saw the youth champs marked up on the board when i was there the other day. If so i fish these alot. Daves right the corn and pellet are doing well, take a few different size of hooker pellet and feed micro or 3mm, if its a hard day the corn will almost certainly score better in my experience. Dont feed too heavy though cos it easy to end up with too many fish in front of you + lots of liners and foul hookers. Paste is also worth ago. I'd fish 2 lines in front of me at 11m and 6m feeding corn and pellet and a line down the side about 1-2 ft from the bank for the last hour drip feeded with pellets through the match fish paste on this line. I dont fish the others ie swallow and mallard as they are 16m-18m meters to the island jobs but for this reason i dont think you'll be fishing on them. If you phone the complex they'll tell you which one your on.

tommyturtle001

malmanfloatssink
If you are on the square match lakes you will struggle if the wind is up as they are very open, I have fished mallard and swallow 4 times last week most of the larger fish were taken on pellet/paste close to the island but as gazmalman said you need at least 14.5m of carbon to get close, I was getting plenty of smaller carp and tench(1-3lb) at 6-10 on the meat and plenty of silver fish and odd tench in the margains on castor/worm

Bit-Basher

Status
Not open for further replies.