woodland lakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Johnson

come on lads and lasses can anyone help! i have a match on either kestral,curlew or wagtail this comeing saturday and dont know a thing about the place only that kestral is probably the best lake? out of the three.the methods i beleive do the biz up in the water with meat?but what do they feed pellet?,or hemp i would like any help available pegs to note methods doing the biz,and baits needed etc.hope you can help[;)]BJ.

paulod

Site Supporter
Those are the three most moody of the match lakes unfortunately. Kestrel's probably the best, but only because the other two are rarely fished. Having said that, a couple of good weights have come off Curlew recently. Usually by now meat is the best, shallow or deep, but it's not really been very consistent this year. Pellet's safer, though I'd still try a meat line. The fish have been well out in the lakes for a lot of the time, so you'll need a long pole or tip line as an opener. I usually use meat here, but pellet might be safer. If it's calm, I'd do a '2 o'clock and 10 o'clock with pellet on one and hemp and meat on the other at 13 metres. Maybe a pellet feeder line too at twenty five yards. Feed another line at 5/6 metres with pellet (6 mms), and feed the margins just in case they turn up there. I had a few on corn over the pellet line too last week.
I'm fishing a match on Tuesday. If I glean anything worthwhile I'll let you know.

paulod

Site Supporter
I forgot to add, Brian, that paste's working well too. I don't use it as I'm rubbish at paste fishing, but if you're willing, it's usually 6mtrs or 13mtrs, or both. Fishing it up in the water can work also.

Status
Not open for further replies.