Woodland lakes thirsk bait limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anybody tell me the bait limits at woodland lakes are for the matches held there?
Some people are saying 5 pints and a kilo of gbait,some are saying 5 pints,a pint of pellet and a kilo of gbait.Any ideas?

Chin

5 pints of bait, a kilo of GB and a pint and half of dry pellet!

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Is a pint a pint though Ian???

I mean as in..... one pint of corn is 4 tins or so. one pint of meat would be a LOT of tins etc.

I need to know for my Fishoo qualifier so am pretty keen to get it right.
Also is it bait used or 'amount of bait at your peg'?? By that I mean can I roll up with a shed load of bait and only use 5 pints of it??

midge99

I believe 1 tin of corn or meat = 1 pint, and the pellets is 11/2pint perpared.
1 kilo of worm = 3 pints

Thom

Originally posted by Cybermanc

Is a pint a pint though Ian???

I mean as in..... one pint of corn is 4 tins or so. one pint of meat would be a LOT of tins etc.

I need to know for my Fishoo qualifier so am pretty keen to get it right.
Also is it bait used or 'amount of bait at your peg'?? By that I mean can I roll up with a shed load of bait and only use 5 pints of it??

i believe your only allowed the limit at your peg...

Raccnevets

What!!!
Cyber you take as much as you want on the fisho mate, i'm fishing it as well and i promise i won't tell anyone!! I'm going to have enough trouble beating one person let alone 129.

[:D][:D][:D]

ropa

The best way is to measure it out in the drennan bait tubs the small one is 1.1 pint. There will be bait checks every match now that Craig Kent has took over the tackle shop , he will be picking 4 random pegs per match to check. It`s 5 pints of either meat, corn, maggot ,caster, worm and 1 kilo groundbait and 1 1/2 pints of pellets this will include your expanders and feed pellets. I wouldn`t go down the route of 4 tins of corn = 1 pint , measure it youself and you wont be caught out. And you cant take as much as you want to the fisho, fishery rules apply for bait limits. And its the bait that you take to your peg regardless of if you use it. If you mistakingly take over the limit, take it back to your car before you start.

Last edited:

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
hope the weigh in goes ok, we waited an hour to get weighed in sunday.
i thought you could only have 3 pints of any 1 bait aswell

ropa

Teething problems , they`ll get it sorted, Craigs well approachable to any suggestions and listens to what lads think, although Barry was a great match organiser but was a bit like a dictator at times and wouldnt listen to lads. I think the 3 pint rule is wrong, you could take 5 pints of meat if you wished.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
ive just checked my preston clubman bait sheet and i think i am wrong, glad i mentioned that now ropa.
i think he needs a couple of lads helping with weigh in like, young james done our weigh in sunday on his own.
a think they made a mistake letting shane go though, ive seen him get in the lake to free your keepnet off snags, cant see anyone doing that for us.

ropa

Shane already had a job in fitting windows to go to, I don`t think it was up to Craig to keep them lads on I think Robin just wanted a clear out and start afresh. I still keep in touch with Shane, he was a nice lad and a good grafter. I dont think young james will be able to keep up with weighing in , try weighing in over 100 lads with weights exceeding 100lb. It` the equivellent of 8 hours graft hod carrying. Best weighing in process I have seen is at Tunnel Barn. They have golf buggys with a metal arm welded on the back where they can just lift the weigh sling straight on, not has much hassle as tripod. They also have digital scales which does away with the bouncing effect of the needle on salters. I`ve already spoke to Craig about this and he`s going to look into it.

paulod

Site Supporter
I can remember a good few years ago, sitting waiting for the 'all in' at a Drennan League match at Woodlands and ropa wandering by, as I had enough bait to have been banned a dozen times over on display. It was accidental, I didn't know about the bait limits, (honest!). Course, ignorance is never a reason. Thanks for quietly putting me right ropa, I still remember!! Having said that, I've never yet had anything checked there, which no doubt means Craig will make a beeline for me next time I'm down[:I]

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
yeah shane said he had a window job lined up, its a shame like coz hes put some hard work in down there and been kicked out, top lad and hope the window job works out ok for him.
thing is with james is hes fishing matches then weighing in before he packs away.
im sure craig will come up with something like afterall he's only been there a short time.
ropa do you have a contact number for shane ? if not can i pm you my mobile and pass it on when you see him mate

ropa

I`ve been checked in the past, but that was a few years ago, Lads in the past have been disqualified at the weigh in by Alan Gregory who used to keep an eye on what lads had left, I can remember 1 lad had 4 pints of pellets at his peg after match and Alan wouldn`t even weigh him in. Only last year running up to the Drennan superleague final , a well known angler fishing for "the" top team in the country got disqualified. He left his 1 pint of feed pellets behind him in a tub that he had bought from the shop. He never used these pellets but left them open to the rain . They swelled up to over 2 pints of bait, and at the weigh in he had won his section but was disqauilified for having too much bait.!!!!!!!!!Madness I know but you have to be aware of these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.