woodhouse grange

Status
Not open for further replies.

plug

good question pal never seen the place got a club match on there on sunday

Glenn Archer

Y.T.D.A.A.
Find out and let me know.
Heron and cobble lake are very deep (8 to 12 feet deep!).
Other lakes not so deep.

plug

her in doors has just seen the last post and says i better get some d******ing done or i will be visiting the dog kennel every night

Glenn Archer

Y.T.D.A.A.
Difficult to give you a lot of info as I haven't fished it for a while, but here goes...
Its about five foot deep with a small island in the middle of the main like (with a dog kennel on it, hence the name of the lake). Its not a very big lake with around 30 pegs on it.
There are some big carp in there (20+ lbs) but the fish are generally in the four/five pound or less range.
Best pegs are around the bridge, and its best to fish the bridge pegs in the margins, but beware the fish will try to take you under the bridge, so use some proper gear if you draw those pegs.
The lake has an extension with about 8 pegs or so on it, and the other side of the bridge is the desired peg on the extension. Ideally you want to draw pegs 3 up to the bridge peg (I think its peg 15 or similar).
Take a variety of baits as it can fish quite hard. I would recommend pellet and corn as a must take bait, with maggot, worm and caster as backups.
I would set up a pole and set up rigs for 13mtrs+, 6mtr (or wherever there is a significant drop off) and in the margins (near the features). Be careful not to fish too close to reeds as the fish will take the p*** and be straight in the reeds, its best to feed the fish to get them to come to you, just a few feet from the features, you have been warned!
If its warm then definitely try up in the water, floating pole is a good option but the fish are pole shy, so it will only work for a short while before the fish back off.
I would also set up a feeder to throw towards island, there are lots of different species of fish in the kennel, including chub, tench and other silver fish.

Remember no meat or hemp is allowed. Dont p*** the bailiff (Tony) off and stick to the rules otherwise you will get barred!. If you want a breakfast then ring up and order it in advance or you will not get one (although I would not recommend you getting one!).

The Dog Kennel is definitely an afternoon pond, so do not despair if you are struggling early on as it does pick up in the afternoon. Peg 3 has a water inlet pipe very close in, try to fish next to this if u draw peg 3 or near other features close to it. The fish come very close in on some pegs (practically under your feet!).

If its fishing very hard, try really small baits (4mm pellet), small kernels of corn, maggot, small worm section, caster for bites.
Hope this provides some insight for you and good luck.

plug

cheers glen 4 the info ill keep you informed how we do on sunday once again thanks alot

plug

hi glen peg numbers have changed since the last time you hasve been. i only had 8lbs from a peg that had no rushes [roach bream and goldfish] the bridge peg [16] as you prodicted won the match with over 50lbs once again thanks 4 all your help

Glenn Archer

Y.T.D.A.A.
What peg did u fish plug? The peg numbers will not have changed, just my recollection of them!

plug

sorry is a bit late glenn(just got back from whiteacres)i was on peg 8

Status
Not open for further replies.