woodgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopper_fcuk

The Smogster
well boro have pulled it off and signed jonny woodgate for 6.7 million, bargain of the season getting the best defender in england for that price.

payt

hes not the best defender in England, Boro's best defender yeah. They have got a good deal there (providing he stays injury free)

danny_01

A great bargain yes, best defender in England maybe certainly in the top 3.

To be honest I thought he'd move to a bigger club but with the bad luck he's had to endure throughout his career at other clubs and taking into account his great form for Boro this season I suppose he feels its the best place for him.

crowder

i agree he is a great player, perhaps not the best in england thqat has to go to charragher without a doubt, woodgate is better than terry and ferdinand by a long way.

payt

Woodgate isn't better than Terry and Rio but hes not far behind. Carragher is up there with the best of them, as he tries so hard!

Chin

i think tony means at the price we are paying, were getting the best defender possible?

Naaa chin , think tony means what he said mate,haha.regardless of where he stands in the ratings,we are laughing with that signing.Hes a boro lad thru and thru and he will do well for us.A great signing.

simo

Originally posted by Cybermanc

Vidic, Terry, Rio, Carragher......... still not a bad buy though.
lol,chris hes better than rio and didnt set boro back 30+ million[:D]

iobrien2002

Paddy
probably about fourth or fifth in england. should challenge ferdinand for an england place soon though. he has been so unlucky with injuries, otherwise he'll be there now

SJJB

Simon
When everyone of them are at their best i think only Terry is better than Woody. Think Arsenal an Liverpool might have shown interest in the summer.

mangrojack

Titus Bramble now there is a top defender lol.

well ok he might be if he played sunday league with a bunch of 10 year olds lol.

steven taylor on the other hand give him 5 years and he will be up there with the best

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Challenging Rio for a spot in the England defence?

I doubt it. Rio is better, not as agile as woodgate, but better.

grubby

vidic has had a storming season and i think he has been the best defender in the top flight by a mile this year.

turlwickdave

Bagga T
Site Supporter
very good bit of bussiness as long as he does not get injuries as he is prone to injuries, still a very good defender will deffo get picked for england set up more he will get is game at the boro very good signing and thats from a liverpool supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.