Woodend Farm Fishery, Huthwaite

Bracey89

Hi All,

I have recently moved to the area and am thinking about fishing the above lakes.

I am wondering if anyone has fished here before and what the best lakes/methods are.

Thanks

Sam

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Suggest that you visit and have a walk around. Fished a couple of matches there - caught with tares and a few roach & Carp - but also fished there as pleasure - noisy sh888Y place, However it may have changed since. I normmaly only fish float - but plenty of feeders in the trees - so must be a method used.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
If you live in Nottingham - suggest that you try Shelt Hill, (Nottingham outskirts) or Maythorne at Southwell. The former is very nicely laid out and latter has an on-site cafe. Very nice locations.

Bracey89

If you live in Nottingham - suggest that you try Shelt Hill, (Nottingham outskirts) or Maythorne at Southwell. The former is very nicely laid out and latter has an on-site cafe. Very nice locations.

Thanks will check them out, so far have fished Rycroft and Beechwood Park. Rycroft is good but has so many matches, never know if you will be able to get on the lake you want. Beechwood park the state of the fish was shocking so dont fancy that again.