Wooda Lakes

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have booked a weeks holiday in June at Wooda Lakes near Holsworthy in Devon. Am wondering if anyone has info on the fishing there.

Breambasher27

I have booked a weeks holiday in June at Wooda Lakes near Holsworthy in Devon. Am wondering if anyone has info on the fishing there.
Hi. If it's the woods at pancrasweek I live near by. It's got nice sized lakes/ponds. The match carp and mixed lake are bags of fun and if you hit the speci carp lake right you'll get a load of runs. Not had any of the monsters out yet but had a day last year with no fewer than 23 double figure carp up to 15lb. Most tactics work but beware the ducks for surface fishing and they will eat anything you leave around you. There not shy. I used small PVA bags of pellets and crushed robin red with a single robin red 14mm as my hair rig bait.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Hi. If it's the woods at pancrasweek I live near by. It's got nice sized lakes/ponds. The match carp and mixed lake are bags of fun and if you hit the speci carp lake right you'll get a load of runs. Not had any of the monsters out yet but had a day last year with no fewer than 23 double figure carp up to 15lb. Most tactics work but beware the ducks for surface fishing and they will eat anything you leave around you. There not shy. I used small PVA bags of pellets and crushed robin red with a single robin red 14mm as my hair rig bait.
Great first post mate. Welcome to the forum :band:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
That's the place, thanks for the info,
We have booked a lodge with a hot tub, so if fishing slow, will be relaxing in hot tub.