Wolverhampton area... and looking for a club with good waters?

Dslayer

dslayer
You could do far worse than looking at: Albrighton Anglers' Angling Club..

Club waters: Five good pools, a 1+ mile stretch of the Shropshire Union Canal and two stretches of the the River Severn.

Club season/membership runs from March 1st to February 28/29th so perfect time to apply if interested...
Subs:
Seniors (over 18's) = £100 (+ a one-off joining fee of £25) ....
Intermediates (16-18 years) = £50 (no joining fee) ...
Juniors (under 16's) = FREE - but MUST be sponsored by a current senior member and MUST fish with, and be supervised by, a senior member on all occasions

Application forms can be downloaded from the web site ... or picked up from
Pet Stop, 11 Station Road, Codsall, WV8 1BX or from FATTY's Baits & Tackle 64-66 Griffiths Drive, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton. WV11 2JW

Further info from the club secretary (Mike Day), contact details on the web page....

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm considering it but looking for the location of the pools they're all a good hour drive from me. Barlow's sounds good, no Carp.

Dslayer

dslayer
I'm considering it but looking for the location of the pools they're all a good hour drive from me. Barlow's sounds good, no Carp.

Bit out of date that ... now has carp after being given advice by EA.
EA advised adding 'cormorant resistant' carp, ie carp of 3lb+, to protect the fish stocks from the 'black angels of death'....
If nothing else the carp 'digging' has clouded up what was a very clear water pool - so to cormorants its now like trying to see through a 'frosted glass window' rather than 'plain glass'... so makes life harder for them...
Also, although no otters have arrived yet, EA said its just a matter of time before they'll appear and the club has taken advantage of a grant from the Angling Trust and is currently and actively in the throes of installing otter proof fence to enclose both pools on the site....albeit, due to weather conditions preventing access by the contractor's vehicles, fallen a bit behind - the work was initially planned to have been completed by now.