Woken up broke !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Im in PAIN !

woke up as normal, swung the old plates outta bed and headed off to empty out

stood standing at the bowl with my old todge out releasing a stream of overnight bladder content and WHAM !

Im off over kilter, my right knee has just suddely without warning given way, and Im half down, still going, not the greatest scenario for my aim,

its hurts, it hurts a lot,

managed to finish without too much of a flood, and went to grab a cloth for what there was too clean up

bloody hell, bending down wasnt too bad but getting up is painful, proper painful, managed to stagger back to the bedroom to get my kit on and woke the wench with my exclaimations of agony while doing it,

she isnt to happy about that and by the time Im reasonably clothed, Im getting stick from the body buried under the duvet

stagger out and down the wooden hill, bloody glad Ive got a handrail to assist, out to the kitchen, kettle on, and making coffee one handed while the other supports me on the counter top, oooow still hurts

by the time ive got to the back room and sat down, himself is awake too, and awanting an out, bloody dog, up and stagger limp again and let him out the back, five mins later hes back and Im off to the waiting coffee

sat sipping and hes there again, now normally I have two coffees and a tab, then off out up the road with him for our morning stroll, well that aint happening, no matter how much he looks at the hook with the harness and lead on and then looks at me

coffee swilled and limp back for another making, long john silver would be quicker than me at the mo, but done and back to the chair

still got himself giving me the look,

then theres a voice from above, get up and go to the foot of the stairs and its a vision of comely wench, "you said you would take me shopping today"she utters sharply, "your do anything to get out of that wont you"

I cant win, both of em are onto me,

just dropped my trousers and looked at the knee, its swollen, what I have done I aint gotta clue

Broken and in the doo doos, Typical monday !

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Im in PAIN !

woke up as normal, swung the old plates outta bed and headed off to empty out

stood standing at the bowl with my old todge out releasing a stream of overnight bladder content and WHAM !

Im off over kilter, my right knee has just suddely without warning given way, and Im half down, still going, not the greatest scenario for my aim,

its hurts, it hurts a lot,

managed to finish without too much of a flood, and went to grab a cloth for what there was too clean up

bloody hell, bending down wasnt too bad but getting up is painful, proper painful, managed to stagger back to the bedroom to get my kit on and woke the wench with my exclaimations of agony while doing it,

she isnt to happy about that and by the time Im reasonably clothed, Im getting stick from the body buried under the duvet

stagger out and down the wooden hill, bloody glad Ive got a handrail to assist, out to the kitchen, kettle on, and making coffee one handed while the other supports me on the counter top, oooow still hurts

by the time ive got to the back room and sat down, himself is awake too, and awanting an out, bloody dog, up and stagger limp again and let him out the back, five mins later hes back and Im off to the waiting coffee

sat sipping and hes there again, now normally I have two coffees and a tab, then off out up the road with him for our morning stroll, well that aint happening, no matter how much he looks at the hook with the harness and lead on and then looks at me

coffee swilled and limp back for another making, long john silver would be quicker than me at the mo, but done and back to the chair

still got himself giving me the look,

then theres a voice from above, get up and go to the foot of the stairs and its a vision of comely wench, "you said you would take me shopping today"she utters sharply, "your do anything to get out of that wont you"

I cant win, both of em are onto me,

just dropped my trousers and looked at the knee, its swollen, what I have done I aint gotta clue

Broken and in the doo doos, Typical monday !
Try one of those knee supports,elastic ones ,when you can get one . Be careful ,yiu dont want it giving way crossing a road .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
You may have a blood clot , I had one a couple of years ago and another last year, knee was very swollen and part of leg. Luckily I knew what it was 2and time around, so i was off to the hospital and spent the day there and had to go back the following day.
Get it checked out.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
The knee is a rubbish joint, with half a dozen things that can go wrong with it. If you go to Dr or A&E the odds are they will give you some painkillers/anti inflammatory and tell you to keep an eye on it and come back if it gets worse. Most conditions improve of their own accord anyway.
The only way to know definitively what is wrong is a CT scan and they are not that easy to arrange these days.
So, nurofen and ice packs, with a support, crepe bandage or elastic and see how it goes in the first instance. If it gets worse, then it is off to the vet I'm afraid.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The knee is a rubbish joint, with half a dozen things that can go wrong with it. If you go to Dr or A&E the odds are they will give you some painkillers/anti inflammatory and tell you to keep an eye on it and come back if it gets worse. Most conditions improve of their own accord anyway.
The only way to know definitively what is wrong is a CT scan and they are not that easy to arrange these days.
So, nurofen and ice packs, with a support, crepe bandage or elastic and see how it goes in the first instance. If it gets worse, then it is off to the vet I'm afraid.
I was lucky at the JR hospital in Oxford, put in a cubicle, sent for ct scan to confirm blood clot as well as blood tests, put on apixoban for life,also found I had irregular heart beat with scan and with blood test my PSA level was high, More tests arranged for later date and prostate biopsy, found cancer in one of the biopsies, so now on active surveillance and regular blood tests.
Dont worry Mick you may have banged knee and had delayed reaction .

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I was lucky at the JR hospital in Oxford, put in a cubicle, sent for ct scan to confirm blood clot as well as blood tests, put on apixoban for life,also found I had irregular heart beat with scan and with blood test my PSA level was high, More tests arranged for later date and prostate biopsy, found cancer in one of the biopsies, so now on active surveillance and regular blood tests.
Sorry to hear that, but it would be extremely rare. It is much more likely to be some sort of soft tissue injury (ligament or cartilage) and they tend to get better whatever you do.
Hope your condition improves.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
probably kickin the telly as palace lost 4-0 last night !

62tucker

Site Supporter
Once had a sore knee at work. At the time they were trying to limit visits to the nurse so 1st aider gave me a elastic knee thingy. Ankle went like a pudding as blood couldn’t get past knee.
Never used one of them since without proper advice

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Mick, and I agree with Sportsman, more likely to be ligament or cartilage. I had a similar experience a number of years ago, knee gave way without warning coming down stairs whist on holiday, (broke two ribs in the process). Doc sent me for a scan which revealed problems with my ACL. Ended up having microsurgery to 'burn' out the damaged part. That worked fine for a few years but then the pain really set in and I ended up with a full knee replacement which I'm still recovering from!

Best to see a doc, soonest as, if it is ligament/cartilage then it won't get better of its own accord.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Walking up a stream a few years back with my chest waders on. Slipped on a rock and 16 clam went down and all weight landed on my left knee. Still scared to feel it properly as something definitely moves in it.
Can go months with no bother then if I walk up stairs quick it gets a shooting pain.
Ps. Chest wader with water in for a couple of hrs is not recommended.