Winter Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Whats the best tactics to employ on a river/pond at this time of the year[?] Now its getting colder and we will be getting frosts[8D]

Tight lines [:D]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apart from a hand grenade on one of my local ponds I find light tackle, small hooks, with no ground bait and maggots or caster best.

A friend of mine who fishes just for carp swears by large baits with very litle loose feed.

I think you just have to keep ringing the changes until you find what works.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

martin.

Account Locked
my best tip is chopped worm & caster most species will take it all year round

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

se mc

orright granj

try lighter lines smaller hooks.use pinkies or bread punch, feed little and often,and try not to mix ye baits to much.and most of all stick at it.fishing might start slow or not at all on the colder mornings.go later in the morning when it warms up a tad.

as for the rivers try smelly cheese baits for chub.if you know the river fish over dead reed beds or the snags you carnt get in to, in summer [:)]

ste mc [:D]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ponds & Lakes,
Take it nice and steady,light on the feed.Fine down on those rigs & Elastics,fish tend to be more sluggish once it turns cold.On the pole just drip it in with a kinder pot, 2-3 casters/maggots,Pinkie,micro pellets etc,but keep it regular.

Rivers,i tend to favour a large hookbait,to my mind they might just have a go for a good meal(big bait) as opposed to wasting energy chasing scraps.

Chopped worm & caster,as martin says,there's not much that swims that wont be tempted.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Nice 1 lads cheers ill give it a go in the coming months BRRRRRRRRRRRR the weather up here is really nasty today[:(]

Tight lines [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.