Winter summary

Ivan heaphurst

I have not posted for some time, I know. It does not mean that the tackle has stayed in the garage during the colder months. My fishing has been concentrated on a large syndicate pool in Cheshire I am sure that anglers in my neck of the woods will have some idea where I am talking about.
we had a water loss last autumn thankfully now repaired and the level is now restored.
This water is simply the best mixed fishery that I have fished and is coveted by a number of clubs who would like to get their hands on it.It has been fished during the cold weather and has produced results every trip. Everything from silvers up to a good size and even our F1’s showing. It is in a bowl pso which ever way the weather comes you can have some shelter. I catch every visit so as you can imagine in the coldest weather it is difficult to get the car to travel elsewhere. It has been my place of entertainment during this cold winter and if it the weather does get too bad we have a cabin with a stove and fire.
Another one of the advantages of our water is you can fish it with whatever method takes you fancy(no hemp the only bait ban) and be sure that you will catch. All the usual suspects inhabit the water maybe the stars being the Brown Goldfish which have grown to a good size. The Chub and Ide put an appearance in from time to time. Maggot and Punch are maybe the favoured baits n the colder weather but during the warmer times most things will have a chance. Myself Ihave some small marshmallows that I am confident will produce a fish or two.
I have never published a report before thinking to “Keep it quiet” but now we are a well run syndicate and in control of who visits. We are full at present but a day ticket can be available if fishing with a member.
I have purposely not given the location to prevent people turning up on spec hoping to get a days fishing on a day ticket.
Sorry if this post seems self seeking but I have wanted to publish how good this place is for some time and say thank you to Alan and Robin and Mike without whom we might not have had a water to fish this year.
1BF9AA01-E2D2-4B48-9D4F-C4FD0BBED2A1.jpeg as

OldTaff

Site Supporter
That’s a lovely looking water and even better that it will produce fish all through the year - appreciate the post and long may you enjoy it

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Rather than self seeking I feel your enthusiasm for what looks like a great water. Thanks for sharing

SeanB

Site Supporter
Certainly is a pretty looking water, you're a lucky man to be able to fish there.