Winter Groundbaits - Feeder

CarpCatcher86

I often wonder why there is any need for so many different companies selling pellets groundbait and boilies.
They all have similar ingredients and flavours, so really what is the point?
If you watch any videos on youtube, you see particular anglers catching fish using a particular brand of pellets and groundbait. Why they do that is another thing that confuses me. If you see a match angler on youtube catching loads of fish using Sonubait products for example, are people really that stupid that they think buying all the same bait and probably tackle will give them the same results? I'm sure a lot of people think just that, which I guess you have to pitty rather than question.

jononcb

Look like good mixes to me. My tackle shop has loads of groundbait, a full aisle dedicated to them so I like to experiment. I asked my dad to pick me up some Sonubaits F1 for tomorrow as the venue I'm fishing only allows Sonubaits or Angling Bait Company and he got a bag of F1 sweet. First time I've used it, usually preferring F1 Green as it's a bit darker for this time of year.
Been catching a lot of silver fish all year when using the Sonubaits F1 Dark groundbait.
Good stuff ?

Silver fan 82

I often wonder why there is any need for so many different companies selling pellets groundbait and boilies.
They all have similar ingredients and flavours, so really what is the point?
If you watch any videos on youtube, you see particular anglers catching fish using a particular brand of pellets and groundbait. Why they do that is another thing that confuses me. If you see a match angler on youtube catching loads of fish using Sonubait products for example, are people really that stupid that they think buying all the same bait and probably tackle will give them the same results? I'm sure a lot of people think just that, which I guess you have to pitty rather than question.
The same as why do so many companies make baked beans for example? To make money? ?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The correct bait for a venue is more important than you realise CC86.
Fish will be accustomed to what they see a lot of and what they like.
Some venues see a lot of meat and the fish knowing it's a palatable food source will seek that out first.
I fish one water that has never really switched onto corn and because of that nobody really uses it.
Fish it for an hour and you may have one or two fish and few indications,switch to meat and the float is moving around all the time.

Posted this before a few times now but a couple of seasons ago the Barbel lads I fish with were having a really lean time on our stretch.
We switched to Sonubaits Spicy Sausage pellets and the river suddenly switched on.Not just for the Barbel but we were catching good Bream and Roach as well.

So yes there is a need for bait companies to make their own variants or should we all still be fishing bread or worms?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve been using Sensas Black Lake and Swim-stim silver fish mixed 50-50. It seems to be working quite well though I have mainly had skimmers on it. I was hoping the swim stim would attract a few roach But they have not really been biting.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
The majority of the waters l fish are deep naturals but this mix will work on commies aswell. Sonubaits F1 dark mixed with Thatchers dark 1:1 in the warmer months and 3:1 as it gets colder. I always add salt and mix the night before.

CarpCatcher86

The correct bait for a venue is more important than you realise CC86.
Fish will be accustomed to what they see a lot of and what they like.
Some venues see a lot of meat and the fish knowing it's a palatable food source will seek that out first.
I fish one water that has never really switched onto corn and because of that nobody really uses it.
Fish it for an hour and you may have one or two fish and few indications,switch to meat and the float is moving around all the time.

Posted this before a few times now but a couple of seasons ago the Barbel lads I fish with were having a really lean time on our stretch.
We switched to Sonubaits Spicy Sausage pellets and the river suddenly switched on.Not just for the Barbel but we were catching good Bream and Roach as well.

So yes there is a need for bait companies to make their own variants or should we all still be fishing bread or worms?
Nowt wrong with bread and worms buddy.