WINTER FISHING FOR CARP

Status
Not open for further replies.

carper2002

'Ronnie'
Hope you all got what you wanted for xmas (lol) ive noticed when i go winter fishing for carp you don't get many but you do get a few on sweetcorn / cheese(strong cheddar) hair rigged with a small pva bag of pellets, so its not all true that carp go to ground in the winter just most what i did notice is that in the part of the lake thats over 7ft in depth you catch the odd fish in less than 7ft you do not seem to catch any unless the sun's out i think its got to do with the therm-ia la-re in the water(maybe some can enlighten me about that)I'm not quiet sure i think thats maybe why they catch a lot more down south than we do up north plus the climate is warmer-down there that most help(I wonder if thats what they mean by the cold war between north and south ha ha )Is there one i don't think there is do you i suppose we could have a fish in between north and south fishermen what do you all think (proceeds to a charity of the winners choice)
so what do you all think maggot drowner's is there a divide or what
thanks RONNIE
jump.gif

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Thermacline?? is that what you were refering to? If so this effect is only found on deep waters. Water at 39.some thing degrees is at its heaviest so it will sink. any warmer water will be above this. Normal depths are usually of a consistent temp. due to wind action mixing the water.

I think you answered the question yourself by saying when the suns out, as any temp increase would be more noticable in the shallower water.

chill out go fishing

Lid

I don't think it's winter yet down here in the South. I just walked round our local lake (Stanborough) with my wife and daughter and a couple of lads had caught 24 carp to 18 lbs using pellets and stuff. We were using a net today and caught minnows and sticklebacks from River Lea which is next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.