Willows Match Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpbob3

This can also be found on page 9 of WHERE YOU FISHED TODAY.

Willows 9th Feb

A total of 13 turned up for todays event including 2 guests. As the last arrived at 9am the rained stopped and stayed off for the whole match and the wind was quite mild. At 10am we started and no sooner had we started Martin (guest) was the first one in (i dont think his float had hit the water at that point)resulting in a nice small carp Next in was Malcolm (MRC) on peg 7 a carp come to hand both Martin and Malcolm had a steady run of fish for the next hour or so, during this Kyle(guest & a jn at that) had his first of many small carp to come. For the rest it was slow going although some did start getting the odd bite now and again. I even mangaged a small (VERY VERY Small) roach. By Mid-day most had caught something for the net except for Norm (from WALES) but it was not long before he brought a roach to hand. At the end of the day this was the outcome.
1st MRC with 6lB mixed bag
2nd Martin --- 5lb 10oz mixed bag
3rd Teepee --- 3lb 6oz
4th Bradley Lad 2lb 9oz
5th Dave 2lb 2oz
6th Hull Tyke 1lb 13oz
7th Kyle 1lb 5oz
8th Stu 1lb 2oz
9th Mr Fish 12oz
9th Mookie 12oz
10th Haydn 9oz
11th Norm 5oz (estimated)
12th Carpbob3 1oz (estimated)
Both the estimated had returned the fish to the pond in disgust (lol)
All in All a good day out for us all along with the banter (Directed at the WELSH lad. I must add that STU tried in vain at two attempts of bringing the ISLAND closer to him losing 2 rigs for trying......

Hope to do it again in the near future at another venue
Thanks to all that turned up and a good effort lads.....
BOB (carpless Bob[xx(]

Thanks to all that attended .....

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
what no link?

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hm i'm surprised Stu failed to get the island to move....he managed to get France a bit closer so's he could chuck a 4oz lead into a few of their lakes [:)]

Sounds like you all had a great day, good job i wasn't there i mean someone would have had to blamk wouldn't they [:(]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

hull tyke

thanks to carpbob for organizing a good days fishing
and thanks to dave and tony for their help
lets hope we can have another get together
when the weather improves
steve

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And also a Well done to Kyle, it was his first match ever and as the only Junior on the event, he managed to get a respectable 7th place

and didn't fall in either [:)]

Dave

MrC

Cheers guys for being Pools fodder for the day.. only joking.
It was great to meet you all. Bob did you manage to clear that campsite up from your peg..? I thought the owner was going to charge you a pitching fee. Bobs new name is "I like camping Bob".

Norm , when you rang Lee up for advice did you pass the phone onto Bob, as out of nowhere he started balling in groundbait even before the whistle!! thats what they do in Zargreb with the baiting whistle isnt it?, perhaps you forget you wher not in an International World Championships.!

Cheers again lads and look forward to the next match.
Mal (MrC)

carpbob3

Mal i think they were more interested in getting the remaining fee than charging me ground rent....... Both Kyle and Martin done very well as pointed out it was kyle's first match and it was also Martin's first match both have been fishing for just under one year ( i taught them all they know). So they both done really well. The ground bait slipped out of my hand (honest(it was my first match as well so i plead ignorance) and it didnt do any good anyway (unless it baited up Malcolms swim (thats why you caught so much Malcolm ... the penny has dropped).
Once again it was a good day all round and i look forward to meeting you all again soon
bob

Last edited:

MALC

Sounds like the normal good time was had by all MaggotDrowners in attendance.[:D]

Good to see at least 1 Malc (MrC) is able to do the bizzzzz.[;)][;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Another good MD day out..well done Bob for sorting it,[:)]

Lots of laughs as usual and a few fish caught,[:D]

Well done to Malcolm (MRC)
also to Martin & his son Kyle,

It has to be said that Norm (Taffy) swopped pegs with Martin
so that Martin could fish next to his lad (Kyle) who has an habit
of falling in, little did Norm know he was giving away the flyer,[:D][:D][:D], never mind Norm it would'nt have been the same driving home having caught something,[:D]

anyway well done to all and nice to have met some new faces and some old ones lol.

took a few pictures but my memory card was full so did'nt take many

Norm (taffy)

The Mookster (Ian)

Stu (a picture of patience)

Haydn (action man) i think he fishes for the SAS,[:D]

And Haydn's spot the float competition![:D][:D][:D]

teepee.

wuffie

Good to meet a couple of you before our match on the other lake,nice to put faces to names.As for our match it turned out to be a very peggy, fortunatley I drew well, peg 40.Fishing under the tree I put 19lb 8ozs on the scales but was well beaten from peg 48 with 34lb 4ozs! 13lb was third followed by 3lb for fourth.A good day for all maggotdrowners at the Willows hope to meet some more of you soon.

BradleyLad

Hiya Guys,
Just dropping a line to say how much I enjoyed the day and especially the banter. Hope to see everyone again at the next one. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who tried to move the island nearer to my peg both with the number 6 elestic from my pole and with a small feeder which lodged in the bush which appeared to be 90% fresh air with only 5 whispy branches to snag the whole rig! It was also my first match and luckily no one saw me taking my keepnet out of the plastic wrapping at the start! Thanks very much for everyone involved in the organisation and put me down for the next match.
Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.