willow fluff

slaner

Site Supporter
anyone know how to get that sh*t off your line? cant pull it off! even tried biting it off lol got plagued by it today, to the point i had to bin the pellet waggler as it was all on the spool and stuck in the rings,

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think this is the stuff I was calling Pollen. It's a nightmare. I could hear it rattling through the rings of my dads rod but for me it cut casts short especially when it actually went on the spool of the reel. It was still about today but seems to have lost its stickiness compared to what it was like near me a couple of weeks ago.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I seem to have dodged it this year was a little around last weekend but not too much then was none at all today. Just as well as is horrible stuff really does stick like rubbish to blanket.

Total

Site Supporter
Hello Steve, the only successful way I've found to sort it is literally strip down the rig and start again. Cast out and run the mainline through a wet towel under slight tension to remove the fluff, strip the rig off and reset.....Obviously unblocking the eyes on the rod if needed....

A pain in the rear I know but better than sodding up an expensive waggler rod etc..Repeat as necessary...I have at times set a couple of rods with the same rig/setup....Expensive, but needs must etc....