Will my seatbox fit?

Fishinmaddad

Hi all I'm thinking of getting a jaguar xf probably 2014 onwards.
Will my seatbox fit in the boot.
Matrix F25?
Cheers

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Or if it doesn't fit, ask them to put a bulge in the boot lid so that it does fit. Then you could claim for any damages caused by them. :D

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
When I looked for my new car l took a tape measure and when then salesmen asked if l wanted to sit in the drivers seat , l politely refused and asked to have the tailgate opened so as to measire if my rods would fit in, made em smile when I said if they don't fit l don't want it. Volvo XC70 was just the right size with a bit to spare.

Clem

Site Supporter
Don't know - but when I had it's predecessor, the 'S' type, the boot opening was a bit of a letterbox. Looked pretty roomy, but not easy to get large objects into it. Definitely try before you buy.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I am having a test drive in a Jaguar F Pace on Saturday so was thinking of measuring my S36 and getting a cardboard box and cutting & taping it to the same size so I know it will fit. It's the sloping rear door that can be awkward to check. For the rod/pole holdall I will just measure the length to see if they fit with the back seats folded down.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This thread made me smile. You've got to admire fellow anglers at times have'nt you ? Buying a car on the strength of whether your fishing tackle goes in the boot or not. You've got to admire the OP. Talk about getting your priorities right. Top man. ???

Scribe

Site Supporter
:ROFLMAO:
@tipitinmick It's ok but it means I can't use the coffee cup holder, fortunately I can still operate the indicators. :ROFLMAO:

Scribe

Site Supporter
It's not that clean now :rolleyes: have a big cover to go on the seat before I put a wet/muddy seat box on it. Have to say they are a a great seat box. bit hefty, but I have Matrix trolley to cart it any distance. My last box was a Maver 600 which was ok, but it had front opening drawers which after a while became annoying.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It's not that clean now :rolleyes: have a big cover to go on the seat before I put a wet/muddy seat box on it. Have to say they are a a great seat box. bit hefty, but I have Matrix trolley to cart it any distance. My last box was a Maver 600 which was ok, but it had front opening drawers which after a while became annoying.
Be careful around those beautiful leather seats pal. I have a Vauxhall Vivaro van that I use for fishing. Your seat is worth more than my van. ?. Maybe worth considering when you own such a lovely car. Bit hefty you say but, I bet its solid ? You cant have it both ways can you ? Well done pal. ?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
This thread made me smile. You've got to admire fellow anglers at times have'nt you ? Buying a car on the strength of whether your fishing tackle goes in the boot or not. You've got to admire the OP. Talk about getting your priorities right. Top man. ???
I used to base my choice on whether it would get a big lump of German Shepherd in. I've always had estate cars for that reason. Ideal for lots of fishing gear as well though :)

Scribe

Site Supporter
Always though if I won the lottery I would have a custom built van with a rear door hinged at the top and aluminium tread plate that would pull out with legs that folded down to provide a platform with attachable bivvy type material to fit on to the upraised rear door - In my minds eye I can see it now..........sigh ;)