Will it really matter?

squimp

Site Supporter
I’ve got a 14ft Daiwa LD (the very sought after one) that is actually 13ft 10”. It has been refinished.

It works just fine and I bought it knowingly because it was significantly cheaper than a full length one…..

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
It happened to my waggler rod. Got an old quiver tip and took the eyes off. Slipped it into the top section from the ferrel end and marked where it fitted snuggly into the broken end. Marked on it where the bit that had broken off would fit and cut off the end of the quiver tip. Removed the quiver tip from the top section of rod. Now then important bit. Tie some line to the end of the quiver tip and thread it through the rod, a darning needle is good but dont pull the quiver tip through yet. Smother the thicker end of quiver tip with araldite and pull it through using the line, if you just drop it in it will stick, pull it as tight as you can. Once its through, smother the bit sticking out with araldite and slide the broken tip section on and line up the eyes and let the glue set. For an extra bit of strength l whipped over the join. It worked for my rod and l used it for a few years.