Wierd question, but stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Hey there, I'm going fishing next weekend but the problem is it's totally jam packed full of almost suicidal carp. Is there a good way of getting through these to the slightly tougher to catch species in there. Carp are fine but these are literally too easy to catch it's annoying.

bloomer

fishing monster
lol

what would the tougher to catch species you'd prefer to target be?

keiranrussell

smaller tackle and baits try to think of other tactics depends what your after, maybe try up in the water, finding different areas and avoiding obvious carp spots?

cess monkey

Fish a different venue! If there are that many crazy carp in there you are unlikely to feed them off or find a bait that they wont eat so you`d be better off fishing somewhere else.

Trendy Angler

I remember landing a smallish carp a while back, brought the landing net up and I'd scooped up a 2" perch at the same time. Now that was a suicidal fish.

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Originally posted by keiranrussell

can i just ask who dont love crazy carp, if there a problem send em to my local pond [:D]

It just gets a little dull, theres a good head of bream, rudd and roach in there and these carp just give up as soon as they're hooked. Absolutely zero fun to catch. I'd go somewhere else but I'm going with SWMBO's father, and he fancies the place.

bezz120

BEtter waiting till the weather goes colder and the carp stop feeding,then target the roach and rudd but i just dont get how you get fed up of catching carp.Thought that was the idea of going fishing.Bet you would be more fed up if you caught nothing.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
The two closest managed fisheries to me are one that is a 'mixed' fishery and most lakes have a quite heavy stocking of Carp, but there is a silvers/specimen lake, and the other fishery has a Carp/silvers lake and a silvers Lake. Silvers every time for me. Even though I enjoy the fight from carp I love catching more variety of fish too. So in answer to the last post, yes, for some people Carp are the be all and end all of fishing, and good luck to those people. But No, carp are not the point of fishing neither is catching crazy half starved suicidally hungry carp.

The sport is known as fishing, not catching, and sometimes I prefer a bit of a challenge, but have to admit I still enjoy easier sessions where the fish want to hang on any hook bait thrown to them themselves too, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that :)

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Originally posted by SteveH

Even though I enjoy the fight from carp I love catching more variety of fish too. So in answer to the last post, yes, for some people Carp are the be all and end all of fishing, and good luck to those people. But No, carp are not the point of fishing neither is catching crazy half starved suicidally hungry carp.

The sport is known as fishing, not catching, and sometimes I prefer a bit of a challenge, but have to admit I still enjoy easier sessions where the fish want to hang on any hook bait thrown to them themselves too, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that :)

I couldn't agree more, plus a lot of the carp in this pond are pretty worse for wear. Much rather build up a decent bag of silvers which I dare say have hardly seen a hook.

adderton2

Hillview Lake near Skegnes. Loads of massive carp, all suicidal. It just spoils the fishing. Catching a large carp, to me, is the highlite of a session. When they just pile in, on any bait - well, I just don't go there.

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
I've tried to explain this to her dad but he just wants to catch carp. Can't really say I blame him, but at the same time surely when it's that easy you might as well just net the place and get your photo taken next to that.

jonesr

Steve, suffer in silence just for one time!Let him catch a netful.Answer.Peace among the family[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.