Why you really should use a baitrunner reel.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
That video reminds me not to fish the feeder without holding the rod until I get a baitrunner reel. The serious aspect of the video aside, it is comedy gold. The Norman Wisdomesque fall just as he gets back to the bank, and then announcing that he is going to weigh the fish, before dropping it back in, are so funny.

BoldBear

I had a similar thing happen to me on a very remote estate lake that I fish.
I was the only person there fishing one afternoon and I was surface fishing for Carp.

I placed my rod on the ground besides me just for a couple of seconds without putting the freespool on while I quickly rummaged for something in my tackle bag and my rod suddenly shot off; and I just missed the rod butt as it sailed into the water and headed out to the middle of the lake with the rod handle still visible above the water.

I quickly stripped down to my underpants and dived in after it and as I reached the rod there was a big cheer and lots of laughter coming from the other side of the lake, and standing there were three women who lived on the estate who had seen me dive in after my rod and were watching me play the Carp in my underpants; and then climb back out.

Keith

stikflote

Site Supporter
Daughter says cardigans are for old men ,I have 3 all big buttons

she said just wear them in the garden or shed ,but don't come shopping with me in one

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Daughter says cardigans are for old men ,I have 3 all big buttons

she said just wear them in the garden or shed ,but don't come shopping with me in one
How cruel and the irony of it all! When I was a kid in the 50s my Mum used to drag me round the department stores in Bexleyheath looking for knitting patterns so she could unpick my cardi (which she had previously knitted) and knit me a new one using the same colours. In the meantime I froze. I used to use mine as a goalpost for when me and my mates played football (that's if I couldn't get out of wearing it and get the pee taken out of me by my mates).

TrickyD

Site Supporter
How cruel and the irony of it all! When I was a kid in the 50s my Mum used to drag me round the department stores in Bexleyheath looking for knitting patterns so she could unpick my cardi (which she had previously knitted) and knit me a new one using the same colours. In the meantime I froze. I used to use mine as a goalpost for when me and my mates played football (that's if I couldn't get out of wearing it and get the pee taken out of me by my mates).
Sound like my hand knitted tank tops in the early '70s. Not knitted by me, by the way, I just suffered the ignominy of wearing them.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
This is the one, a real beaut...

My missis is brilliant at knitting, can read a book by her side watch telly and knit at the same time, how is a mystery to me.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
That is definitely , er, distinctive. My Missus is not so good as yours at that sort of thing. 35 years ago she bought me a whole bunch of mohair wool and declared that she was going to knit me a sweater. I'm still waiting. The project is even more of a challenge after all this time as she definitely won't have enough wool now :cool: