Why you really should use a baitrunner reel.

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
Good job the lake was only shallow !

I wasn't so lucky and had a Daiwa beachcaster and a Shimano Thunnus 12000 loaded with 50lb Jerry Brown braid pulled into the channel at Ajman. Not a place to go for a dip so the outfit was never to be seen again ! An expensive blunder.🤡

I'd set the baitrunner but not pushed the rod spike in far enough. I got a violent take on a deadbait first cast, the rod fell over, engaged the baitrunner and off it went. It all seemed to happen in slow motion and inches from my grasp but no way was I going to follow it in.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Proper plonker
I do my best, but I've not come even close to that! Hope the music was worth listening to. I did cast out to retrieve someone else's moving gear once though, and the fish was still on the end of the broomstick

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I'd have created an angle and then cast across the errent rod in thehopes of hööking it.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Back to a point I made on one of the many Carp angler "dig" threads.
Pleasure anglers fishing sleeper rods are far less in control of their set ups than Carpers are and if the rest had stopped the rod you are looking at a snap off there.

You also have to question why anyone would want to let others know that you have filmed yourself making a dumb mistake ☺

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Good job he knew the water well and was confident to wade out. Did well to bank the fish too so all 8n all a top recovery.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I do my best, but I've not come even close to that! Hope the music was worth listening to. I did cast out to retrieve someone else's moving gear once though, and the fish was still on the end of the broomstick
My mate while fishing Bankend fisheries got the top two dragged out of his hand by a carp. He chucked his feeder in while he rigged another top two up, tip goes around and he hooks into a fish only to realise it was his top two that had just been dragged in. Lucky #######. He got his top two back in less than 10 minute. Lucky sod. Being me it would be gone forever. 😡.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I'd have reeled in the other rod first, in case you had to make two trips.
That would be my luck that. While clambering out my other rod would have been in. 🤣🤣. I bet he remembers to flick his baitrunner on next time. 🤣🤣

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Back to a point I made on one of the many Carp angler "dig" threads.
Pleasure anglers fishing sleeper rods are far less in control of their set ups than Carpers are and if the rest had stopped the rod you are looking at a snap off there.

You also have to question why anyone would want to let others know that you have filmed yourself making a dumb mistake ☺
Whilst I disagree with you on just about everything I also do not like `sleeper` rods, not cricket as they say.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Pomp lbh on most things you disagree with yourself.

Soon be time to get your random Summer in the 80's clothes out again
😂😂