Why Why Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Why do we spend 5 days looking forward to 2 days and only especially enjoy 1 of the 2 days when we get to go fishing.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Well joffmeister its not always been like that, ive done my fair share of weekends, i used to work away for a couple of months at a time but thankfully no more. If i cannot earn enough Mon to Fri the work/home balance effects are greater than the financial implications.

john83

Account Locked
Originally posted by Nev101

Well Enigma thats my point, we are actually living to work.

true but then if we didnt work we wouldnt be able to buy things we want & need. you couldnt go and blow a grand on a pole if you didnt work could you.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Good answer John. I will start focusing on the expensive fishing tackle to get me through the week, i have one problem though.

The wife, she can smell a bloke enjoying himself from a thousand yards.

Minipeace

I prefer to have a modest life and enjoy every moment hense 21 hours a week for me. Thats work 3 days a week 7.00am to 2.30am or 2.00pm to 9.30pm. 4 days off per week :) and 4 weeks paid holiday a year but I have to work bank holidays and xmas day too.

daveyboy

i work offshore on a 2 weeks on 3 weeks off rota, 19 weeks work per year that leave plenty of time for fishing

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Minipeace, excellent retort, you know the score. Mark, very true i should know i have enough bad days and Davey boy, i used to work on the rigs as a pipefitter 7 x 15hr shifts nightshift then fogged on after 3 weeks, very poor, but i do miss the time off and the cash.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Wise words tigerbay. I will take heed and try to live by your example. Never mind, only 4 days to go.

Only joking, my next step will be to try and find something to do for five days that is more invigorating than what my current employment circumstances allow, shame the nights are drawing in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.