WHY OH WHY !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian roby

over the years i,ve used 12 ft 2 piece rods for carp and my pike fishing inc the massive padded holdall all set up with reels a real pain to transport etc
but allso ive got a set of 3 piece rods i use mainly for my piking and carp fishing every now and then
There easy to transport i dont need a big car to cart them in they fit in the boot no probbs there not stuck in my ears for miles in the car like the 2 piece set ups so why do we do it its a question i,ve asked myself loads of times the fish dont know the differance and these days with boats /bait boats etc why do we still struggle with them it beats me when you can get 3 piece tip rods course method barble whatever rod you want can anyone answer the pro,s and cons because i cant !!!

ian roby

theres a 104 people looked at this now and no one has answered its got me a bit baffled aswell

phil-k

I think that increasing the number of sections in a rod would spoil its action in some way.
However I have a Preston Innovations 11'6" cardonactive feeder rod which has a great action and the solution is a 3 section rod but with a seperate butt section with the rest of the rod in 2 sections.[8D]

mrhaze

proper pain trying to put a 3 piece rod all setup in a bag though......

phil-k

The rod comes with its own rod bag so you can carry it ready made up.
It easily becomes a two piece rod by attaching the butt to the first section.
I am loathe to carry it made up though as the tips are fine and I don't want to break them as it was a very expensive rod.
Pity Preston Innovations don't make carp rods as they would probably be the best carp rods in the world- sorry couldn't resist that[:I][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.