why no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
just wondered why so many anglers read fishing talk
but never reply. I see some threads have 140 odd reads but very little response,surely we can respond to something
just a thought tightlines dave (scouse)

MALC

Hi Dave,
must admit i'm guilty of reading and not posting i visit the boards 3 or 4 times a day and read the posts but don't reply very often as most post's just appeal to me from a reading point of view. Although i pick up some usefull tips from some and have a good laugh from some of the comments namely Trogg/Dave & Peter.
I think the reason alot of people dont reply is that alot of people just surf the fishing boards on all sites just to read with out partaking in disscuison and as this is the only site i know that quotes how many times a post has been read it appears that as you say alot just float on the side.

If that makes sence.
MALC

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Malc,
Hows it going? Still catching i hope.Good to know that some of our banter provides entertainment for some of you quiet reserved types.
How about a few reports from some of your matches?
How is Gemma getting on,has she beaten you yet?
Nice to see you're still there,
All the best,
Peter. fish1_e0.gif
"come on you browsers,lets have some posts"

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good Grief Dave, please don't ask people to reply to postings 'cause if they do then their rankings will go up and I'll eventually have to dig my hand into the coffers and buy them that drinkicon_smile_big.gif
quote:
Starting Member = 0 post
1 post promotes you to 'New Member', 1 star
10 posts promotes you to 'Member', 2 stars
25 posts still a 'Member' but 3 stars
50 posts a four star 'Member'
100 posts and you become a 'Life Member', 5 stars and get a drink on us

And as Allan (Trogg) keeps going on about us being "Tight arse yorshiremun" it might proove him wrong

Seriously tho', I monitor the stats for the whole site on a regular basis especially when we do changes to the site or meta-tags and as Malc says, a lot of people do surf through the site and the forums without posting (myself and Stu included icon_smile_blush.gif)
But what the heck it saves me money on memory and bandwidth charges (whoops it's that T.A.Ymun. bit again lol)

If every visitor learns a bit, has a laugh and comes back then we're happy icon_smile_approve.gif

Regards to All, Dave

Frank

quote:must admit i'm guilty of reading and not posting i visit the boards 3 or 4 times a day and read the posts but don't reply very often as most post's just appeal to me from a reading point of view. Although i pick up some usefull tips from some and have a good laugh from some of the comments namely Trogg/Dave & Peter

Guilty as well icon_smile.gif I must say that when I come on the net I like to come here and have a good read of the previous posts and I've picked up quite a few tips and had a few laughs. The Perch thread has bought back a few memories for me as well. I had forgotten about spinning for perch.

Tight lines everyone - Frank

Tim

Hi,

I'm still here in fact most lunch times I pop in for a read icon_smile_big.gificon_smile.gif Tim

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
like Malc i enjoy the banter and reading the comments but don't feel confident enough to voice an opinion my self.I am still asking questions of all you guys and looking for answers.If i think i can contribute to a thread then i will of course give an opinion or thought.PS love the smilies and pictures.

MALC

Hi Peter,
The Club scene has finished for the season now so it's just opens i'm fishing at the moment and as you know trying to get the correct info off some of the open anglers is near impossible but soon as i get the truth i'll report on them.

Gemma has stopped fishing for the winter as she don't like the cold even with moon boots and thermals.

But now i've got my 5yr old into it as well after a family week at whiteacres when she caught her first fish so more cost in kitting her out as well.
MALC

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Me i never post on forums cos i'm dead shy

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Me 2 guys, A computer illeterate and newly returned to fishing after 20 years, I'm in awe of the Smileys and the knowledge you guys have!(Thought a Pole was an eastern European)
Not too proud to learn though, so the old guy at Staffordb badgering you for ideas on how to catch will be me on the sunday.
Keep up the good work.
Ziptrev
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
See,
I knew you could all do it !
KEEP IT UP.
Now where did i put that crowbar,soon have Dave's wallet open!!!!!!!
or will i need dynamite?
Peter dynamite_e0.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Very often what I have to say has been covered by some one else so I dont see the point in repeating it. Either that or I dont know enough about the subject so I keep stuum

Tony

Being new to all this and fishing -does it still show- I like the Read counter as when you do post a question you feel that you are not being ignored when you see others have read it.
Also I started posting on another forum before this one and didnt receive any replies and my question was lost down the page by what seemed to me to be pointless posts.
I posted the same question here and received a reply that was great.

<Surfs Up> Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.