Why, just why.....

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Our club waters have suffered in the past through vandalism, that's why we have night patrols. But if that's managed by the council, then the council isn't doing a very good job and needs to pull it's finger out and give the club some form of support.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When ya cant punish em for owt, then they know they can stick 2 fingers up at ya and do what they like. The Country's Knackered, ya cant say owt in case it upsets em, ya cant do owt cos its against their human rights, and ya cant blame no on for the fear of been called Racist. :mad::mad:

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
With the way that its been perpetrated and with the club saying they have an idea who did it I would guess its more likely a ex-member rather than kids, glue in the locks and oil in the lake makes it look like a vindictive individual who feels entitled to revenge over something

corkycat

When I read the headline the first thing I did was scroll down to the very end of the article to read the inevitable: "Wiltshire police have confirmed that they received a report of vandalism... blah blah fooking blah". Well, if you received a report about the vandalism why haven't you done something about you useless woodentops? And don't give me that twaddle about cuts in police budgets and having more pressing priorities like going after someone for a "hate" crime, just because some gay bloke was called a Nancy or something. Get your asses down to the fishery, take some fingerprints, take a look at former members or local scallywags, do some fooking investigating and nail the scum.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When I read the headline the first thing I did was scroll down to the very end of the article to read the inevitable: "Wiltshire police have confirmed that they received a report of vandalism... blah blah fooking blah". Well, if you received a report about the vandalism why haven't you done something about you useless woodentops? And don't give me that twaddle about cuts in police budgets and having more pressing priorities like going after someone for a "hate" crime, just because some gay bloke was called a Nancy or something. Get your asses down to the fishery, take some fingerprints, take a look at former members or local scallywags, do some fooking investigating and nail the scum.

Police dont do that now mate, they like you say protect the ones who cry because they are upset, the Victims of Real Crime get a Crime Number and told to do one.

Dusty

What do you want them to investigate? It’s clear from reading the article there are no witnesses or CCTV. The club having an idea of who did it is not a viable line of enquiry without further evidence to back it up.

What do you want the police to take fingerprints from exactly?

It’s funny that those that moan about lack of police resources also expect the police to attend incidents such as this which have absolutely no viable way of identifying an offender. It’s like when people expect an officer to come out to their house because their shed was broken into whilst they were on holiday, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by an officer attending unless there is CCTV, forensic opportunities etc.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ok for em to sit on their arses behind a camera in a van though. ID cards are not in because that would be against the Criminals Code. And even with CCTV its not 100%. The Criminals who are speeding are never caught cos the cars aint Registered.

Dusty

Ok for em to sit on their arses behind a camera in a van though. ID cards are not in because that would be against the Criminals Code. And even with CCTV its not 100%

What has police catching speeding motorists got to do with not attending a crime that has no viable lines of enquiry?

Even if police had the resources to send an officer out to incidents such as this one it wouldn’t be an effective use of police resources, it’s a total waste of time sending an officer to an incident such as this one.

Whether or not speed cameras vans are an effective use of police resources is a different matter and absolutely nothing to do with the original post and the issues it has raised. Not to mention the fact that they aren’t even manned by officers.

Last edited: