Why isn't this method working??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I've heard how good the method float is at all these venues, drayton etc, but whenever people fish this at my venue, Bradshaw fisheries, they struggle. Of course you get people who arn't fishing it right, but a lot fish it as Malc has described how to to fish it, they re-cast every minute or so, with a decent mix, often fsihing pellet on the hook. I feel this venue is the kind of venue you expect this method to do well, yet they struggle to catch 5 fish in a day, whilst people fishing skuds (big loaded wagglers) can expect to catch 20-30 fish if they get it right. Why is this?

J.Tolley

joe1987

'Darwener'
I guess your talking about me there Tolley?
I fished a match a week or so ago with it expecting to bag up, 17lb on a commercial carp water. Dear dear.
Fished a match yesterday and used it again although not for the whole of the match this time, not 1 fish.

*)*Joey*(*

methodgob

yoda
the fish have to get used to it.think about it you are throwing a hell of a lot of food at them.they hear a splash and expect a skud but when they get there they are confronted by a big cloud of bait.keep trying it one day you will probably just bag!

MALC

As Methodman has said the fish have to get used to it.[:)]

Round this way it's gone through a transition with method feeder, giant loaded wagglers and balls of groundbait then to the bagging wagg and the fish have been accustomed to the noise and learned that it meant food, now on some waters the bagging wag is not as effective as the fish now associate it with danger (if thats the right word) and a lot of people are now going back to the giant loaded wagglers or fishing controller floats and no groundbait.[;)]

It's all about choosing the right method or tactic to suit the day and water as what works on 1 water may totally blow out on another.[:)]

Dont just copy what somebody else is doing but take it further with your own little tweaks and work it into your list of tactics to use when the conditions are right.[:)]

But dont expect instant results as they very rarely happen (even if Joe thinks they should),[;)] with you both being in your mid teens you've still got a lot to learn as we all keep learning on every trip if we dont wear blinkers and keep our eyes and ears open.[:)]

So much more information is availible these days with the net being around and most days a little tip can be picked up here and there and stored for later use.[:)]

RED WAS
Datafile2.asp
I'VE STARTED CATCHING NOW HE'S GONE..!!

joe1987

'Darwener'
Well I guess instant action would be nice!
Cheers Malc I guess I'll just give it a go now and again.

*)*Joey*(*

Status
Not open for further replies.