Why isn't Hooklength Line Used on the Reel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillm

With all the plusses of hooklength line such as the low diameter, why isn't it used on the reel by anglers? With its diameter, surely float fishing would be like pole fishing and would share the same advantages????????[:H][:T]

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Most Anglers will use a 'Hi-Tec' hooklength when waggler fishing,as Bill said it doesn't stretch much,it was designed to be used
on the pole where the elastic does the stretching.Use a standard mono on the reel,which is quite 'stretchy',in varying degrees
depending on brand.

Bill G

Grandad
Originally posted by gillm

Originally posted by Bill G

lack of stretch

Not Preston Powerline[:T]

it dosent stretch as far as standard mono.powerline is a hi tec pre stretched high memory line like all hi tec pre stretched lines.
they are not suitable for mainline work as they dont have the qualities required by most anglers to cope with the constasnt casting and striking at distance when using rod and line.
i use powerline for all my hooklengths be it waggler fishing or pole fishing ,but that is what it was designed to do.

batman

A good reel line has more abrasion resistance???

getfishing

Pete
I've given up on high tec line on the reel. It isn't very abrasion reistant, and doesn't last very long before it becomes twisted and generally a wreck. It also breaks in place weird place with not much pressure applied, so when I'n gently testing the drag, the line goes, I've now got a double uni knot on the reel because of that.

I'm now using Ultima Power Plus, which is a big improvement, tough, abrasion resistant and breaks when you would expect it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.