Why is my email doing this?- help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
I joined freeserve back in january for the first 3 months at 6.99 offer when this run out I cancelled it. Fine no problems there.

Then I rejoined in april with a different credit card to take advantage of the new offer at 9.99 for the first 3 months.

The problem is I am still getting messages in my outlook express for the email address I was using when I joined in january. When I joined again in april I used another name for my email address.

Surely this shouldn't be happening - will I be getting charged for receiving these messages?

I deleted the old freeserve desktop icons before I rejoined in april. The mail is mostly from kazza etc.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you open Outlook Express Rob, go to Tools followed by Accounts and in here you should see the pop3 mailbox for freeserve.

If there are two in there then one is your old one. Click each one once to highlight it then clisk Properties to find out which account its refering to before deleting the one you don't want

Once you've done that go into File>Identities>Manage Identities and remove any you don't want

[:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

rob27

peg nine
thanks dave,
I have deleted the old account but when i go into manage identities it just says in all the boxes 'main identity' and nothing else. Is this O.K.?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes that's fine Rob

Main Identity is the default setting for the first/only account name that is used. When you open up your email in Outlook Express, you will see 'Main Identity' in the grey title bar on the right.

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.