Why ever not?

The Runner

Site Supporter
Bryan & "The Runner" do you remember a small pond full of Crucians nr Aspatria. Can't remember the name.
The "Jack" never got to its new home in Ancroft i'm afraid. Not saying any more as others could be implicated ;)
Brayton Pond. Got a couple of old photos taken there that I'll try to find

The Runner

Site Supporter
And on the subject of implicating others, it was shortly before I left Newcastle that the wrong person obviously overheard me in conversation about some , er, impromptu restocking.
Think some club minutes had to be hurriedly rewritten.....

And thanks to BryanH for traumatising me by reminding me of Longtown. Fished 4 Summer League matches on there and blanked in every one.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Ha Ha so did I:D
Armpit of a place....
Last time I fished it, started as I always did by chucking a big lump of flake to the horizon for one of the semi mythical chub in there. Put rod in rest, tip flew round after about a second and was so surprised that I missed it.

ClydeBuilt

Yes I contributed to the Magiscroft and Orchill forums for many years but not the SCA forum; as a match angler I never took to the big carp angling scene.
My Magiscroft contributions included a lengthy series of articles covering the complete history of the development of Scottish coarse fishing from its inception by me in 1966 to the present day. Sadly, due to technical issues, the forum went tits up a few years ago resulting in the total loss of all archived material and photographs. The only slight saving grace is that copies of all articles and features which I wrote (mainly for Anglers Mail) and features which appeared In Angling Times were preserved and are in the posession of Magiscroft owner Ronnie McLeod.
I also did a few pieces for the old Maggotdrowners Forum but I'm not sure whether these can still be accessed (perhaps @Dave would know)

ps. the Clyde embankment at Swanston St did collapse a few years ago but it was during a high flood and nothing to do with
rats and as the footpath is part of the Clyde Walkway is was repaired fairly quickly. Incidentally, this is the area where the bream are most prevalent.
I walked that area a while back, total make-over for the Commonwealth Games. Big new police HQ and path the same from there to Swanston St other side still dire other than Richmond Park stretch. As you come up the bend at Dalmarnock works, the 'Black Death' are in residence, and its gets scary from there up to the decks at Dalmarnock road. I dont think Daiwa do a .55 magnum.
One glaring fault with the new works, is the removal of all trees and shrubs leaving you in full view of the local zulus. You access the opposite bank on the Belvidere Loop, but thats a fair walk from the car and fair game to wandering apaches there.

Thanks to Google Earth even I come across ponds I never knew existed, not all fishable for various reasons.
I would love to give the urban Clyde a wander from time to time, Like the YouTube style of street anglers.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Found one...
Brayton Pond and a couple of Tynefishers.
1974, me on my trusty old wicker basket and Mick Walker having a lunchbreak
IMG_1472.JPG