why do we knowingly waste our time??

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
dont get me wrong there are times when us anglers do not know how a session will go, but there are times we deffo know we are wasting our time and travelling to a low and clear river severn at midday i knew i was wasting my time till at least dusk. why o why do we do it lol

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I hope to fish more evenings for Barbel. I've been getting there at first light to make sure I get the peg I want.

Some cracking fish at the end though. Well done again.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
It's known as the triumph of hope over experience and besides we could just catch one or two, perhaps maybe.....:unsure::unsure::D

Or it could just be that on a conscious / pragmatic level we know the chances are very slim, but the pleasure in just fishing is what we seek.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
The Thrill of The Hunt ;)

Gonna watch this soon, get my Friday fix of Danny's blog, the post makes me think it's a blank - which actually sounds like an ironically eventful and interesting episode, looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
It must be said, I do increasingly decide that discretion is the better part of valour and choose either a) not to go or b) to do something else

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
You have the anticipation, the promise, and the expectation, for the day on the bank.
Then it all goes a bit Pete Tong but usually only 1 out of a hundred sessions.
But that’s what keeps you going, but your right just that once you ask why did I bother.
But you will go again because you’re addicted to it.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Fishing throws us some curved balls sometimes. On many occasion I've felt like not fishing when I've got there and then had a cracking days fishing. I guess that's why we keep going.

Simon90

I think it's because as long as you have a line in the water there is always a chance.
I always seem to stay on an hour or two longer when fishing a lost cause. On a good day I'm content and happy to pack up after the obligatory 5 or 6 last casts...

smiffy

Site Supporter
Because,although we know better we always hope to be proved wrong. To be honest it’s not so bad in the summer but there are times in the winter I will not bother getting out of bed because I do know I’ll be wasting my time😉👍

rudd

Site Supporter
dont get me wrong there are times when us anglers do not know how a session will go, but there are times we deffo know we are wasting our time and travelling to a low and clear river severn at midday i knew i was wasting my time till at least dusk. why o why do we do it lol

I can blank when I think conditions are perfect 😂 and had catches when I thought I had no chance!
Why do we do it? It beats decorating or golf!😇