Why are you an angler?

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
It get's me out the house, gives me peace, and gives me something to spend my disposable income on (y)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m like you Feldri. I just love being outdoors and enjoying nature. I’m not really driven by trying to catch as many as possible or as big as possible. I enjoy fishing at a slow pace and I’m not that bothered if I’m messing about with my tackle as much as I’ve got a bait in the water. I don’t like blanking but as soon as I’ve caught one fish I’m happy.

I have no interest in competing with other anglers.

The thing I least like about fishing is the lifting and carrying.

feldri

Site Supporter
I’m like you Feldri. I just love being outdoors and enjoying nature. I’m not really driven by trying to catch as many as possible or as big as possible. I enjoy fishing at a slow pace and I’m not that bothered if I’m messing about with my tackle as much as I’ve got a bait in the water. I don’t like blanking but as soon as I’ve caught one fish I’m happy.

I have no interest in competing with other anglers.

The thing I least like about fishing is the lifting and carrying.

I'm very lucky at the venues I fish. The canal and the private lake are park behind peg, and the river's car park is only 20' from the nearest peg.
I'm not keen on loading the gear in and out the fishing wagon though as it's quite awkward to get a new style seatbox through the doors of my house. Since having all my gear stolen back in the late 80's I've kept all my gear in the house.
As soon as I'm tackled up and ready to start fishing, it all becomes worthwhile. :)