Who's off to Ireland this year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roppa

Just wondering how many of us are off to the Emerald Isle this year and what the chosen venues are. Maybe some of our paths may cross.

I'm off to Portumna on the 9th May travelling via Stranrae.[8D]

Last edited:

scales

Vinny
Hello Roppa, I'm in Co.Cavan on the 24th May staying at Eonish Lodge, Killeshandra. Then Crosswater Cottages outside Belturbet on 6th September. Anyone else in the area on these dates ??

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
[8D][8D][8D]Hi Roppa, Im going to be in the Shannonbridge, River Suck area 7th May till the 20th. You may see me on the Suck on my boat called Little Shannon (named after my granddaughter). By the way anyone interested in hiring my boat in Shannonbridge area this year can do so through Mick Murray at Murrays Lodge, or his wife Loren at Shannonside Diner on Main street Shannonbridge.. You had better have a towball on your car though, as it is kept in Mick's garage.

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

G

Bother i'll miss you Scales,i go to Killeshandra on the 3rd May for 8 days,stopping at Lakeside Cottage.

I will let you know how its fishing when i come home,

I'm meeting up with Al Peters{the entertainer} for the first time,

All i can say is i hope it fishes better than it did last year,and the weather is better[^][^]

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Cootehill 26th September (day after the festival)

Trying to squeeze another trip in for early summer too

Simon

iobrien2002

Paddy
i might try to persuade my nan (who is irish) to take me there this year, even though she thinks fishing is cruel

I'm taking my ball and going home

scales

Vinny
Hi Andy, it can't be ANY WORSE than last May .....surely !!

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

MrC

Im in PORTUMNA LOUGH DERG 18 April- 24 April (Not for the festival) but for the bream on the northern shores. Cant wait and I wil be bream bashing before any of you ha ha!!
Roppa , I will have a full report on how things went with some good pictures ready when i get back. Cant Wait! This year there is 4 of us going. 1 going over in the van and the rest of us are flying for 20 each way. Mal.

gorton

I am there between 11th & 18th October piking anywhere between Lough Ree and Lough Derg (have boat will travel).

timber

built for comfort
hi roppa .will be at Ballinamore in September any tips from anyone will be very welcome.

big dave

G

I ruddy well hope not scales,,, last year was a total wash out,,and that wind,,, bejesus,,

Anybody going to Cavan after me,watch out for me reports on how the fishing went, with luck good reports of BIG CATCHES, good weather,

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

Roppa

I'm sure there'll be more to come, but even if we don't get the chance to say hello to each other on the ferry or riverbank, I'm sure we'll have some valuable info for each other once our travels are over, so keep in touch.........for me personally you espcially MrC

Roppa

Not Long to go now MrC. By all accounts the northern shores are starting to fish well already, with the water levels all having gone down. All should be in good shape for your trip soon. GOOD LUCK.

MrC

1 WEEK TO GO!!! not that im counting.!
Is it ever ready for me..

Roba, yes looks like the bream are shoaling up nicely on the northern end. Tackle is going over this Friday night and we are flying next Thursday. Got 2 boats waiting for us when we get there. I only hope the weather holds up for us. Last year was grim weather (Dangerous!!) but we did go in March last year. Already 150lb bags being netted, Im ready for some action.!! MAL.

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
will have to miss Ireland this year....skint....only enough money for week in spain 26th April and all the fish-in that you lads have organised,,,,,,,,They are more important to me than Ireland. You may get a lot of fish but the company on those fish-ins is out of this world....can`t wait for the first of them Tommas Semmer water fish-in in May......Haydn

Datafile3.asp
Datafile3.asp

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.