Who's going to Holland 2016

spudnudd

Originally posted by Billsykes

Zalk fishing well had 224 lb mate had 210 lb some proper ones at 10 lb great day
Had a feelin you would hit zalk bang on Bill but don't empty the place [:D][:D][:T][:T]

wishbone

Hi Neil, Fished Polder at the bridge which runs from the pumphouse on the voorne, just a few bream a small carp and small roach. Next Stellendam, just a couple of bream. After that temps went from 85 to over 90 tried the voorne at the trees for shade but just a few small roach. The pub was more inviting.

Billsykes

Ha ha I hoped we would spud was a good day someone in the pegs today after we had prebaited but that's the way it goes went to mad German and had good day bite every chuck lots of roach ide and some good barbel

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
People look on here Bill then knick your pegs.Had it a few times so alwasy post a few days later.Sad but true.

spudnudd

Ha ha I hoped we would spud was a good day someone in the pegs today after we had prebaited but that's the way it goes went to mad German and had good day bite every chuck lots of roach ide and some good barbel
. Never know bill sometimes the peg goes poo after bagging up but at least ya had good sport on the river.[:T]

spudnudd

Ha ha I hoped we would spud was a good day someone in the pegs
Same happened in april to one of the mates,they watched him fishin and prebaitin the peg then followin day they were preparin to fish it as he got there.If it was me i'd have tackled up and fished inbetween them cos one c-nts trick deserves another in my book. [}:)][}:)][}:)][:(!][:(!]

Billsykes

Well back after a great week top weights were 224 and 210 but we had some good back up weights from zalk and had a bite a chuck from the river so all in all a great week. Learnt a great deal about zalk this year and can wait to get back on it ...

spudnudd

Well back after a great week top weights were 224 and 210 but we had some good back up weights from zalk and had a bite a chuck from the river so all in all a great week. Learnt a great deal about zalk this year and can wait to get back on it ...
Yeah Bill when you hit it right that lake is my favourite but its so frustrating at times and is as moody as a woman[:D] It really gets to you as wind direction water temps and levels can fek it up and gets you wondering what pegs to fish.I've seen all the best pegs produce only the odd slab and now and again even blanks but i still love this lake.Hopefully in april conditions will be O.K.and the slabs will be in there and not spawning cos there can be thousands of them everywhere but if they are up to the romancin ya can have them at ya feet and ther only interested in one thing[:)] Remember the other year when Chris and Mark did 350lb each on the pole in april but they hit hit at the right time so i'm hopin for a bit of the same next year.[:T][:T]

Billsykes

Top bagger caught from the big bay pegs near the gate, spud I can certainly see how it could be frustrating I had an issue on one of the days with zebra mussels never mind the fish...the locall tackle shop in zwolle told us that you don't need a seperate permit for zalk that the local vispa now covers the lake as well. ..do you or Chris know if this is right ??

spudnudd

I assume you got the Hattem vispas from the local shop as this covers zalk as well as the rivers,if you get the vispas from zwolle it doesn't.Think i'm right on this as its Hattem club that as the fishing rights but if you have vispas from zwolle then you need to buy a zalk permit for Hattem club.Certain waters are covered on zwolle vispas that are not on the hattem one.[:T]

Billsykes

We did get the vispa from zwolle but it was for the hattem club also as we were only there for the week and not going again this year they gave us pre_dated individual day tickets which worked out a lot cheaper....however it all felt like we weren't quite right with the permits but the 2 guys in the shop assured us they were. It won't matter for next year as we will be staying in hattem again. We stayed in Buitenplaats gerner which to be fair was spot on but as all the waters we fish are in hattem area it makes sense to go there again. We normally stay in de koerberg but booked last minute and fell foul as I said previously of p&o prices for the van so went with anglers world...however next year I think it will dfds from Newcastle as they seem far cheaper

Kingman

Well done Bill looks like you had a great week

We go on Thursday night for a week at De Koerberg. Hopefully Richard will get to take a couple of days off to fish with us.

Where abouts on Mad German stretch Bill, the early groynes or did you drive past a few? Also did you fish the Ijssel behind Zalk or give mini Zalk a go?

Cant wait now, feels like we will still catch it Ok before the first frosts dampen it down a bit.

No rain for Vecht which is a shame, probably wont be worth a visit

Anyone else about next week?

Billsykes

Hello kingman we fished it on about the 3rd groyne to the left and yes did fish behind zalk also and to be fair I don't think me or my mate lost a feeder on either venue. We only fished big zalk as some other guys didn't catch on little zalk but they didn't prebait so maybe that was the reason I don't know, hope you get a few

Kingman

Does seem pre-baiting is critical on both lakes at Zalk and elsewhere now in Holland. Days of turning up and bagging are long gone.

One more question about the Ijssel behind Zalk, were you actually fishing behind the small lake or to the right of the lakes as you drive down to the river?

We will also give the Appeldorn canal a go, any reports of people catching there last week?

Will give you a full report of how we get on. Looks like weather is on the turn unfortunately....