Whos going Holland 2019

Magic Mick

We are back to Molengroet in June again next year, managed to get the wife's to agree to 10 nights so booked early before they changed their minds.
Always a good sign if someone wants to return eh stretch 1066.
We've just decided this morning to give molengroet a try this year so any info on good fishing places would be helpful
Many thanks
Mick

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Going probably 2nd week of may
we went may this year mick, it was bloody red hot the whole 7 days we were there, some had spawned and some were still spawning so we dint have a great week really but the place is full of fish if you drop on the rite weather ect,give dirkshorn a go, a local showed us a vid 2 week before we went, he had a good mixed bag of 88kilo

Billysykes

We go on Sept 12th to Dekoerberg can't wait all paid for so it just a case of sit back and wait..off from Newcastle this year for a change so looking forward to a new route

Magic Mick

Well all sorted and deposit payed. Going third week in May to molengroet. Not been before but got a few pointers off you guys. Dirkshorn looks a likely start. Just a concern that everyone over there might think the same. Let's hope there is plenty of room.

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Well all sorted and deposit payed. Going third week in May to molengroet. Not been before but got a few pointers off you guys. Dirkshorn looks a likely start. Just a concern that everyone over there might think the same. Let's hope there is plenty of room.
dont worry mick,plenty of room up there,only 3 of us fished it last may,and a local lad turned up twice,if u fish it look out 4 him, he drives an oldish green subaru,lovely fella and if he,s fishing it will give u info,another place top side of schragen might be worth a go,ill see if i can get some info on that for you from someone i speak to from schagen

Magic Mick

dont worry mick,plenty of room up there,only 3 of us fished it last may,and a local lad turned up twice,if u fish it look out 4 him, he drives an oldish green subaru,lovely fella and if he,s fishing it will give u info,another place top side of schragen might be worth a go,ill see if i can get some info on that for you from someone i speak to from schagen
Thanks wildcat I know the lake your on about I think it was on a comment by someone else. I found it on google earth. I’ll let you know how we get on there. Not sure if it was yourself that mentioned it. Quote was it was like a “bomb crater” it’s top side of shagen

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Thanks wildcat I know the lake your on about I think it was on a comment by someone else. I found it on google earth. I’ll let you know how we get on there. Not sure if it was yourself that mentioned it. Quote was it was like a “bomb crater” it’s top side of shagen
thats the one mick, a lad from wigan fished it, had 30 bream out of it and had not fished it before so worth a look

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
It's at the junction of the 248 and a road called Burenburg. not far from a place called Het Wad. it's a wide on the canal park behind your peg. Last year they were doing a lot of work on the canal dredging and repairing the banks, so we didn't fish it.

Magic Mick

It's at the junction of the 248 and a road called Burenburg. not far from a place called Het Wad. it's a wide on the canal park behind your peg. Last year they were doing a lot of work on the canal dredging and repairing the banks, so we didn't fish it.
Thanks stretch. Good info. Well let you know how we get on

wildcat16

Site Supporter
this ones a bit further over from het wad stretch, its a circular bit of water called kielsmerwiel or something like that

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Yer got you Shaun, looks good on google earth, which end did the lad from Wigan fish, near the inlet or near the house? seems to be 2 parking spaces.

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Yer got you Shaun, looks good on google earth, which end did the lad from Wigan fish, near the inlet or near the house? seems to be 2 parking spaces.
he dint say mate just said he had 30 bream out of it but his mate struggled a bit, but he was poorly

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Well with all this talk of new waters to fish I'm now getting itchy feet, feel an early recky in the camper van is on the cards. All i've got to do now is decide which way to go, cheap rout Dover long drive lots of fuel, or Hull more expensive but shorter and less fuel. think I might treat myself and go Hull. Thinking late April or early May.

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Well with all this talk of new waters to fish I'm now getting itchy feet, feel an early recky in the camper van is on the cards. All i've got to do now is decide which way to go, cheap rout Dover long drive lots of fuel, or Hull more expensive but shorter and less fuel. think I might treat myself and go Hull. Thinking late April or early May.
the old boy we were talking to also told us about a couple of spots at a place called de weel about 10 mins away strecth so may be worth a look as well mate

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Yer Shaun that's another one that's on the list 2 roads run along side of it, it's just of the 241 along the Boomer Waal then turn left or right, Slootgaardweg & Oostkade. strange looking water long and thin, bit like a wide canal. did he happen to say were he fishes?

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Yer Shaun that's another one that's on the list 2 roads run along side of it, it's just of the 241 along the Boomer Waal then turn left or right, Slootgaardweg & Oostkade. strange looking water long and thin, bit like a wide canal. did he happen to say were he fishes?
he dint say mate, he had that app thing on his phone so was showing us a few spots we could maybe try cos dirkshorn wernt doin much