Whos going Holland 2019

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
After a couple of years away me and Dave Hornblow our on our way back next May to Hellevouetsluis.
Lets hope opening the Haringvliet gates doesnt kill everything.
PO ferry now does a no frills booking sysytem online. so gone for cheapest option no meals etc which comes out at £352 return.Saves the hours driving down south.
Tight lines to all.

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
Back to De Koerberg for me for the 19th year :giggle:, already booked and paid for. 26th April for 2 weeks and 23rd August for 3 weeks, taking in both Anglo Dutch festivals on the Ijssel river :p(y)

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
We are back to Molengroet in June again next year, managed to get the wife's to agree to 10 nights so booked early before they changed their minds.

wildcat16

Site Supporter
what dates u goin stretch, cant quite decide when to go myself after we thought we,d go a bit early this year to avoid spawning

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Arrive Friday June 7th, spawning is normally over by then and fish are getting back to were they live. Tried going earlier before and they were still spawning that year!!

wildcat16

Site Supporter
been talking to a guy from schagen who does a bit of fishing, mainly pike but hopefully get a bit of info of him for next year,weather,spawning wise

ChuckandChance

We are going back to Hellvoetsluis staying at Citta a group of 5 maybe 6 of us, we went back this year in June for the first time since 2008 and really enjoyed it. Not sure what month yet was thinking of April/May before they spawn but I know the Anglo dutch festival is usually the back end of April for 3 weeks and wanted to avoid that, does anyone know this years dates for the festival?
We usually hire a transit van so booking direct with P&O is out of the question price wise so we book through Anglers World they seem to be able to do the package much cheaper than we could do it for booking separately maybe they get better deals with P&O or maybe there's a realisation from P&O because the booking is through AW that its a pleasure trip rather than a business trip hence the cheaper price, i'm not sure.

nick p

Hi not been on here for a while. As anyone any information and sat nav address for lakes and the rivers around de korberg as we are going 17 june and havnt been herefor years

SHAFT

Just booked ferry with P&O, used the e-voucher NSEEBO-15 got 15% off all booking if booking meals, booked on EU portal paid in euros with Halifax clarity card and it was even cheaper.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
If the original plan is to be believed the salt water should only go as far in as the mouth of the Spui !!

nick p

Hi neil it's been a long time mate.was looking at hellvoet myself but the salt water put me off mate

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
It has Nick remember it well meeting you and putting me on the Spui. Hows life mate? early retirement for me and loving it.

KJH

Has anyone any advice on where might be the best area in Holland to try in March.
I do understand things can be very weather dependent at this time of year.

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Has anyone any advice on where might be the best area in Holland to try in March.
I do understand things can be very weather dependent at this time of year.
molengroet aint a bad spot,park close to your pegs on most venues,bar/restraunt not brilliant but the chalets are ok