WHO'S going holland 2014 !!!!!

spudnudd

I would never have gone to the Voorne area at all,remember seeing it for the first time in AW brochure and as said it should have been turned into a road,i like a bit of scenery myself.As for the fish taking years to grow if i remember right they were slightly more than a skimmer 3 pound average so it won't take that long to get back to normal with all the high protein pellet that used down there.Can't understand the Irish angle being mentioned as there's no comparison,fish for fish you have umpteen species in Holland and so many waters that are unknown but luckily a few anglers from over here are putting a bit of time and effort into finding them.I've recently heard a few moans and groans of a few lads i know because they struggled this time but they soon forget the good bags of fish they have had,they sound as fickle as some football fans[:D]Personally i can't wait to catch my first barbel over there,would i get one in Ireland or Denmark[?][:T][:T]

RADAS Bob

I think the problem is a combination of most of the things we are all talking about.
A ton of fish removed from any water in Holland would have little impact, de-stocking usually is a very productive way of improving a fishery. The de-stocking, clear water and salt content in the waters all have an impact. The other factor could be the weather patterns if we have had very good winters for the previous 10 years, and the fishing was great, as it was and then a run of bad winters making it difficult for the older bream to survive and breeding time being cut down, hard winters for young fish. Then the last few years could be a combination of decline in stocks naturally, commercial fishing and other factors making fishing difficult.
I will be back there next week and hopefully find a few to catch.[:)]

bostednet

Never been to Holland gents, but always read this forum with great interest (tried to tag along with Chris Watson last year as he is from my neck of the woods and i was being a tad cheeky), but if your main complaint is poor catches because of coarse fish being netted please do not think it does not happen in Denmark because it does I have witnessed it myself over 15 years ago, in the name of protecting game fish stocks which is their primary fishing, it still happens in Ireland to a lesser extent as to a few years ago, but if its barbel your after why not fish a river like the Wye its probably better anyway.

dbh1705

Originally posted by bostednet

Never been to Holland gents, but always read this forum with great interest (tried to tag along with Chris Watson last year as he is from my neck of the woods and i was being a tad cheeky), but if your main complaint is poor catches because of coarse fish being netted please do not think it does not happen in Denmark because it does I have witnessed it myself over 15 years ago, in the name of protecting game fish stocks which is their primary fishing, it still happens in Ireland to a lesser extent as to a few years ago, but if its barbel your after why not fish a river like the Wye its probably better anyway.

I was in Denmark last year, and was given lots of advice and guidance by someone who spends every june and August out there, yes netting does take place BUT it is extremely well regulated , there is nothing in Denmark like the devastation seen years ago , from when the lakes went from breaking world match records to there being no fish

(there were hundreds of smaller fish upto 6oz in every swim we fished,the girlfriend fishing a 4m whip every day and catching 20-25lb of fish) , she would never be able to do this is Holland .

even on the tip , I was catching bream, roach, hybrids, perch, eels and tench.

There is something quite clearly wrong in Holland at present.... Either that or every group of anglers going over on this site must be really bad at fishing to catch what we have over the past few months

bostednet

or maybe people are just fishing the wrong place at the wrong time ?
Originally posted by dbh1705

Originally posted by bostednet

I was in Denmark last year, and was given lots of advice and guidance by someone who spends every june and August out there, yes netting does take place BUT it is extremely well regulated , there is nothing in Denmark like the devastation seen years ago , from when the lakes went from breaking world match records to there being no fish

(there were hundreds of smaller fish upto 6oz in every swim we fished,the girlfriend fishing a 4m whip every day and catching 20-25lb of fish) , she would never be able to do this is Holland .

even on the tip , I was catching bream, roach, hybrids, perch, eels and tench.

There is something quite clearly wrong in Holland at present.... Either that or every group of anglers going over on this site must be really bad at fishing to catch what we have over the past few months

andygoodall

Day 8.Polder on riding stables bend.Very poor on hot day.Only 4 bream and 1small 4 lb carp.Great holiday disappointing fishing

ayinga

You won't find me on a polder,not even the voorne next week. I can fish canals at home,i prefer the huge expanses of water with huge potential so it will be the Haringvliet or zuiders for me !!

smithy68

people fish the polder after struggling on the mere or the river for the first part of the holiday.It's usually a safe bet for some fish.It happened to us after struggling on brielles mere my favourite venue,and not doing well on the voorne.We dropped on the polder and had two good days.

Last edited:

ayinga

Smithy do you fish the breiselmere at the cafe pegs or elsewhere ? By cafe i mean the one where there is a small sandy area !

ScunnyDaz

Will be interesting to see how Griffs lot have faired as I am sure they will have fished the haringvliet somewhere , had a text off Glenn yesterday saying it wasn't going to well for them at the new location but might have caught a few more today , I much prefer the haringvliet to the voorne it's a bit like marmite is the voorne a love or hate place I think

smithy68

Originally posted by ayinga

Smithy do you fish the breiselmere at the cafe pegs or elsewhere ? By cafe i mean the one where there is a small sandy area !
yeah on the beach ayinga.My mate go's through the trees to the right of the beach.We've bagged everytime until this year.Three of us had no bream at all.[:T]

ayinga

Smithy would you still say it would be worth us giving a try,always liked the look of it but never fished it. Our plan is to get there and fish the point at the cape first off,then as i said the zuiders is on our hit list with hopefully a day on the river at the swimming pool pegs.

smithy68

Originally posted by ayinga

Smithy would you still say it would be worth us giving a try,always liked the look of it but never fished it. Our plan is to get there and fish the point at the cape first off,then as i said the zuiders is on our hit list with hopefully a day on the river at the swimming pool pegs.
deffo mate,would be interesting to see how you get on.We caught it bad.Give it a good chuck,60 yrds.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
We fished the eel nets on the dam wall, 3 of us for 4 hrs not a sniff of anything, not even a line bite, tide came up about 10 to 12 inches while there. Mario tried to tell us the water was too clear, I've never been on when it's been coloured in 7 years, caught fish nearly every time!!!