WHO'S going holland 2014 !!!!!

spudnudd

Originally posted by Captain blank

Has anyone ever done anythinv on dicks lake at any other time other than spring it looks a good venue but as its connected to the vecht I prusume the bream come and go out of it a spawning time. However thats not to say there is no resident stock in there.
More info would be appreciated
I've fished it only the once for about 3hours and blanked,a solitary 5lb tench was caught between 4 of us but we had never prebaited doubt if i will ever go again as there are better venues[:T]

spudnudd

No Martin he wasn't fishing with us that day and as i remember i think i had just got to know Chris at that time.Needless to say my angling ability as gone seriously down hill as i know now its all about drawing the DOLLY PEG since i met you know who [:D][:D][:T][:T]

Captain blank

Just got off of the phone to pno what a bunch of ...... they quotex me nearly 800 quid.
I querried it phoned customer service and was told to fing back on Monday to speak to a manager.

Dirty robbing scheming c##ts.
Still see what Monday brings.
Why one price for last year with aw and one price for me .twats.
Is there is the sAME route of phone calls that the person on here went down to get a acceptable rate from them.

The Big Fella

hi captain

Go from harwich we go there from Midlands its not to bad at all

Bear in mind its 600 return for a tranny van however that includes:

4 x people return
1 x cabin for 4 people both ways
4 x breakfasts paid in advance
4 x evening meals paid in advance (really good meal as well)

So I reckon you will be nearer 450 for 1-2

spudnudd

Sounds exactly the same Captain that one of the mates got quoted a couple of year ago for astra van.He took it to top management and ended up with a good deal i think they threw free breakies in and ended up with a price of over 300.All you can do is have a go at the manager on monday and hope for the best but as been said before DFDS from Newcastle is another option[:D][:T]

Captain blank

Cheers spudd. If they are still being stupid ill book it as a car with same dimensions for
408 quid .
Its so stupid same dimensions as a van 800 quid. Whatz the difference? ???
Cheating thieving robbing ########
Aand whats difference between me booking and anglers world ob iously they are a travel agent but its still same

The Big Fella

Captain

Apart from the fact your booking two trips for one vehicle in a year, and AW are probably booking a thousand vehicles a year so you would expect them to get a hefty loyalty discount in my eyes anyway.......

However saying that I do agree if it's like an Astra van and for same people and dimensions of that car to a van, no way should they be trying to twirl you for double bubble!!!!!

Tell em you will take it to the papers for daylight robbery!

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Had the same problem 3 years ago, your van is being classed as a commercial vehicle and being charged at commercial rates.
We got round this by doing a mod on the van and turning it into a campervan,(registered with the DVLA) now we just pay a little extra above car prices due to size (LDV convoy LWB)

Captain blank

What modification did you do throw a mattress in thr back.
What dictates between a car and a van. I can put the van in as a car with the same dimensions.
And its privately owned not a company vehicle

Captain blank

Anyone fished the lake on tbe opposite side of the ijssel to tbe point at hattem.
Also if I remember rightly the two lakes on the opposite side of the ijssel to wapenveld pump house are the lakes with the mad farmer?

Captain blank

Anhone fished the two lake further round from tbe zalk between wilsum and kampen. The lower is connected to the ijssel and the upper appears to be land locked until flooding.

PIGEON114

Its a mine field captain theres land locked puddles all over the place that obviously fill up when the issel floods ,and when it floods boy does it flood, got to see it to beleive it, now the tricky part farmers will own most of them because there on there land so you have to get permission, the others maybe nature reserve, s which you cant fish, so its a case of asking, but theres plenty of fishing places any way, if you dont get it right theres no dout the police will be there if your spotted and youl be lucky if a fine doesnt follow, or a farmers dog isnt locked onto your leg .lol,

PIGEON114

Ps , we met a farmer in pub at dalfsen bridge had is own lake ar the back of his farm told us we could fish it ,had a look plenty of bream in and carp but there were all on surface that year it ,was red hot ,,one to fall back if times are hard ..so there is some farmers that are freindly

griff06

Site Supporter
We have booked with AW,2 vans,1 4x4 ,7 people ,286 P+O from Hull ,with food on board,staying at Cape Helius,we have tried booking it all our selves,but now we just let AW do all the work,and if anything goes wrong,we are covered.so why bother doing it your self,when we go to Turkey , Portugal ,Spain ,we never try to do it ourselves, we just book with Thomas Cook ,or another company,so why would you not do it when you go to Holland.simples.

spudnudd

Griff Ang.World only have what they've got in their brochure as do other tourist agents so if you want to go elsewhere you book it yourself.[:T][:T]

Captain blank

Trust me a bit of hastle at this end is worth it.
De koeburg is the best place to stay fishing wise
Help on hand on site inc local knowledge
All permits on site
Plus fridges
Plus ribs n bowling
Accommodation id say buiteplaats is best but has none of the above n I dont care about a nice lounge I care about time spent fishing amx a good laugh. If theres less cocking about with permits bait etc it makes cor a better fishing trip. When I want comfort I mick of to spain

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Just started physio on both my arms for tennis elbow.My right arm is really painfull and cant lift even a flask.
I suggest Mr Hornblow you take a carers course before we go so you dont get frustrated doing everything for me.