whos going Holland 2013

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Spud, I want no excuses this year. You have let the county down on more than one occasion. He even beats you at dominoes for christs sake, which being a Mackem, he really has no right doing. Maybe he really does walk on water..........which is very handy for prebaiting [:D]

spudnudd

Martin it aint me that he beat at dominoes i aint played bones for 40 years thats the wigan lads[:)] As for the match in a few week i'm sure his LUCK is bound to run out this time round [:p] We all know who the pressure is on and i reckon the cracks will be showing shortly[;)] At the moment its fishing shoite over there so he's no inside info to get the edge BRING IT ON [:D][:D][:T][:T]

spudnudd

Originally posted by PIGEON114

now then spudd you've got the supporters on side for this match,is this the one
i can see my superior angling knowledge bringing the trophy home to where it belongs Paul and thats in my cabinet[8D][:T][:T]

wildcat16

Site Supporter
Originally posted by ANDYFEN

Wildcat, have tried to pm you but they keep bouncing back? Nevertheless, I hope you get time for some good sessions and catches. We are pretty sure we will be going over in lete August (after the Warriors victory at Wembley)or early September, but are undecided on Molengroet or Brielle. Your report could sway the balance (no pressure there then).
Have a good un.
cheers andy,no pm,s came thru m8,hoping to get a few days in fingers crossed,just hoping 4 good weather,still tryin to talk the other half into wembley, ill let you know how i get on m8

Captain blank

Chris the map was bloody exellent ive plotted each location on my 1/50000bolland topgraphic map along with info on the venue grid ref etc. Hoping to fish some new waters this year as last year we only fished the canal or maybe the vecht and mud bank. Fond memories of both. Has anybody fished the pumping station at wapenveld this year, is it worth giving it a prebait n fish next day as we will probably do with most of the waters we fish unlees advised other wise.

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
The problem with the Pumping Station now is the depth, when we first fished it about 12 years ago, it was over 7ft deep, but over the years the sand has built up again, meaning it's now only about 4.5ft deep, which means the fish will spook easier, but you'll still be able to catch. This used to be our banker venue to drop on if we were struggling, it's a lovely spot [:)].
There are some dredging works going on in the area. I know they have dredged the other side of the road where it runs out of the pumping station and back to the Ijssel, so hopefully they will dredge where we used to fish [:T]

Captain blank

Cheers yet again chris for another tit bit of info.
We will probably give it a recce to see if they have dredged it/if there is any deeper water at a fishable distance.
I will let you know our findings or even catches if we give it a go.

Captain blank

If you look on your map at the pumping station at the top side there are two guys fishing.
It looks quite shallow in the egde where they are fishing
Is this the place to be or do i sit under your marker?
I will be able to use it while im there to bash my other party members over the head if they give me any aggro

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
That's the side that has been dredged Captain, however you can't actually fish it. We fished that side one year in April when the Ijssel was in flood (it's connected to the Ijssel) and it was solid with bream to 10lb and we were bagging up until the rozzers came along and moved us off, he said he would come back in an hour and if we had not moved we would get a fine [:0]
At the pumping station itself, we always just used to sit on the little sandy beach facing into the bay where the canals meet. The method for us was always long pole, short line, feeding choppie & caster, it was guaranteed to bring in the bream [:T]

Captain blank

We will go and do a recce chris on the 5th and let you know.
Seems odd that you can fish the top side and not the bottom. Then again i suppkse they are dutch and had a little schmoke

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
Whenever they open up a new waterway or dig a new canal/channel, you can't fish them until a club take up the rights for access to the land. You need written permission to fish in Holland, although a lot of this is covered by your Vispas [:T]

Captain blank

Would the pumping station not already be covered on the vispas as before or was it with another club?
Where else would you suggest to go first other than roach lake as i presume you lads will be fishing it?

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
Yes, the Pumping station is covered by your Vispas. When are you going over ? Our last day of fishing is Thursday 5th Sept

Captain blank

Unfortunatly chris we will arrive on the 5th about lunchtime. Keep us posted on how you get on.
We will ring dekoeburg and see if we can get all the permits from them its worth a shot

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
There are only a certain amount of permits available at reception and unfortunately they are all reserved for guests of De Koerberg, so I think you will be wasting your time. Zalk permits are available from the post office in Hattem and as Pigeon said earlier, I think permits for Mud Bank etc are available from Volkers in Heerde, but I'll find out just to be sure [:T]

Captain blank

The bloody permits are becoming a bit of a pain in the behind.
Dont want to be going all over the area for different permits. Just want the lot job done!

wildcat16

Site Supporter
cars just about packed, just the last odds and sods to chuck in then its off to hull at 4.30, steady drive down summat to eat and on to the ship [:W][:W][:W]