Who's going Holland 2012

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
To be honest there does not appear to be that many here. Mario was asked Friday where was fishing, his reply was I dont know, there have been no anglers here[:)]

Fished on the blue bridge polder today, had 16 bream, a tench about 3lb an ide about 4lb. Nice bream averaging about 3.5lb. The tramp had 7 but did not start catching until 3pm.

ayinga

[:0]guys it sounds terrible,cant believe you are struggling so much,especially with neils knowledge of the area. we are coming over sunday and only really have plan a. point at the cape and zuider dieps over the 5 proper fishing days with the spui as a back up[xx(]
what do you guys recommend as you are out there ?....................................................................positive answers only ha ha .[:)]

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
When we fished the Blue bridge earlier in the year, we found it fished better further away from the bridge. Go along the road until it starts to turn away from the road, look across the water and there is an inlet opposite, on this side is a large concrete pipe, three of us fished the pegs around there. Didn't break any records but we did all catch, fished the feeder 2/3rds to 3/4qt across, we did do some pre-baiting but didn't feel it made any differance. The weather at that time was really windy and lashing down.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Thats all looking a bit grim.

We are off there in just under 2 weeks time and just hope it picks up for you guys out there now.

Cheers

Steve

glenn

Account Locked
just rang griff ,he is bagging up on hybrids on the river at killishandra if i heard him right,weather is all overthe place but they have had a couple of days with just 1-2 bream i think he said?

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
2 ide 7 bream off the spui.Bloody freezing wind.Wine is 2,48 south african pinotage.2.20 Aussie chardonay

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
fished the spui at the end of the bernisse, garbage[:(]1 roach and a perch and loads of bullheads.A couple fishing on the match lenght past the sand works but they were struggling just to try and hold bottom. River came up a good 2 foot whilst we were there.Knock up tomorrow 1 per man, the tramp is the favourite being allowed to fish his prebaited swim[:p]Neil making up rigs now in anticapation of a good day[:T] Keep drinking the beer Neil that float looks fine[:D][:D]

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
have you lads been on heringnvleit or has the wind been too bad for it i thought you might have been on the steps as its produced for you in the past [?][:T]

LETHER

NIEL YOU COULD TRY POULDER AT BACK OF PUMP HOUSE ON VOONE IF YOU STAND WITH YOUR BACK TO VOONE TRY FIRST FEW PEGS ON RIGHT CAUGHT WELL 3 WEEKS AGO GOOD LUCK JEFF

PIGEON114

maybe its time to look for fresh grounds as weve said b fore its only good when the fish are there. looks like they have moved on and its difficult to find them but the plonk is good and the company better,f uk the fishing

biteless

hi all, got back from cape helius last saturday and like the others found the fishing hard.Fished zuiderdeps voorne by pump house swimming pool on spui light house in h/vs all were pretty awfull,best we found was the scrapeyard but lots of thick weed ,stellendam harbour on the point ,it came on late afternoon but lots of bullheads there,dirkland match stretch fished well with lots of silvers ,not big weights but kept us busy allday.Need rethink for next years trip.[:W]

ayinga

hi biteless
how did you go on,on the zuider dieps ? did you prebait ? did you fish anywhere two days running ? cheers[:T]

biteless

hi ayinga,we fished down by the road bridge and it was our first day,so a it was just easy for six hours.The only place we twice was dirkland .we never prebaited anywhere even thou we planned to,pub kept calling us instead.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Even the Dutch matcmen are catching very little.Match on windies 9 bream won it.Odd big catch on Voorne if u sit on it all week.Beach may fish but too dangerous for an old fart.
Well its been a great chill with Dave and the Tramp so thanks guys.Big brekky then im loosing my virginity on a polder

Dogstick_NUFC

Good Luck on the polder Neil. Talking to Wayne and Davey last night and we`re seriously thinking of sacking the place off and having a week on the Wye/Severn/Avon/or ~Norfolk broads.Some thing is seriously up and were not taking a weeks holiday to struggle for 50 lb.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Is today your last day Neil? If so hope you end on a high[:T][:T]

We are there in a week or so & my 2 mates have already mentioned that if its as bad as it appears they may well consider another venue next year.
I would still return to Holland as its not just the number of fish that make the trip worthwhile - its the whole social thing - but fish certainly help. [:D]

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Steve

TimB

Well chaps, after a bit of turbulent time on the domestic front, thought I better have a gander at whats been happening in Holland. Nice to see people have got amongst them as usual, but tad depressing story from the Hvsluis area. I hope those going over shortly do better.
It does look like the fish have moved away from the bag up places but Im sure that they have not gone, its just a question of finding them. If the town moats have not been producing, and they were always pretty steady, they have no predations etc, then other factors have to be looked at key one for me is weather. Any other thoughts?

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
We where there in July this year, later than we normaly go, crossing the bridge across the moat at the back of Mario's, we noticed that the moat was full of weed and there was no sign of all the Bream & Carp that we had watched on previous times!! It seems that the fish have moved from ALL the usual places, pump house pegs on the Voorne, cross roads at the back of these pegs, Stellendam docks, eel nets, swimming pool/recreation ground on the Spiu, Zeider deeps being drained to remove salt?. Something major is going on in this area thats effecting ALL the waters, but what???