Who's going Holland 2012

glenn

Account Locked
griff is in ireland at killishandra ,spoke to him friday but as yet heard nothing .........................he said he would text if they had any good catches ? so maybe why i aint heard owt ?

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
Glen you pay 2 from a machine, anyway it was poo. Neil got a skimmer 2nd chuck and we thought great thats a start, err no[:C]No more skimmers followed,I had 3 roach. We resorted to try and catch small stuff on 4 meters of pole or whip in my case. The tramp took a walk and spoke to a local who was pike fishing. Bream, no they took them all out last year to make the water clearer fo the swimmers[V] Well nothing ventured as they say. We went to have a look at the Oude maas but can not find any fishable areas, anyone have any ideas[:T] Neil and the tramp topping up their tans in the garden with a couple of beers. I'm off to make tea[:)]

Steve M

Site Supporter
Originally posted by David Hargreave

Glen you pay 2 from a machine, anyway it was poo. Neil got a skimmer 2nd chuck and we thought great thats a start, err no[:C]No more skimmers followed,I had 3 roach. We resorted to try and catch small stuff on 4 meters of pole or whip in my case. The tramp took a walk and spoke to a local who was pike fishing. Bream, no they took them all out last year to make the water clearer fo the swimmers[V] Well nothing ventured as they say. We went to have a look at the Oude maas but can not find any fishable areas, anyone have any ideas[:T] Neil and the tramp topping up their tans in the garden with a couple of beers. I'm off to make tea[:)]
Thats a bummer with the lake - but at least you made the effort to check out a new venue.
In previous years we have discussed having a bash on the Oude Maas but never got further than that.

Are you and Neil & co. going to fish the beach? Or the steps? Might be worth a try [?][?]

Hopefully tomorrow will be a blinder.

Cheers

Steve

emmaemma

Site Supporter
David, Neil Raynor fished the oude maas last year in Spijkenisse at the restaurant where it easy parking and he caught roach to 2lb and quite a few ide to 3.5 pounds.... No.29 on the map....[:T]

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/108867&whichpage=139&SearchTerms=holland,2011

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/108867&whichpage=141&SearchTerms=holland,2011

http://goo.gl/maps/Th4Gx

dbh1705

Is on the boat , hopefully will be meeting up with Neil, Dave and the tramp . Unfortunately going the long way round as hull Rotterdam full, so going hull-zeebrugge ... I love my job .. Another freebie ... Shame we never have to go the states or the far east lol

glenn

Account Locked
was that the place i was talking to neil about ,there are not that many pegs there if i remember right ?is it not next to a bridge ?

glenn

Account Locked
Originally posted by dbh1705

Is on the boat , hopefully will be meeting up with Neil, Dave and the tramp . Unfortunately going the long way round as hull Rotterdam full, so going hull-zeebrugge ... I love my job .. Another freebie ... Shame we never have to go the states or the far east lol
When you over next year ? you could have a trip up to tiel if you get time lol

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Glenn, you mentioned the place near the bridge on an earlier post with maps if i remember right.

So come on Spud/Chris, give us the lowdown on your week. I just might book De Koeburg next year........ but then again.........[?]

dbh1705

Originally posted by glenn

Originally posted by dbh1705

When you over next year ? you could have a trip up to tiel if you get time lol
Glenn, jokin aside mate riel is not too far from alblasserdam I don't think and easily achievable for me to do in the day, I don't have it bad pal , I just need to get a 2 dated out of em then I can have a days fishing as well ..

glenn

Account Locked
martin i cant remember if that was on themass or over the spui near where neil and dave fished today,i know me and griff were talking about it , i think i spoke to neil also but its my age mate lol

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
Glen, the place we fished is called Binnenmaas. The place is stunning but without the fish, pointless. There did not appear to be that many pegs, we fished off a wooden jetty that was big enough for the 3 of us. There are a few of these around the lake. A few locals were fishing from boats. by all accounts it is a good pike water. Dont know how but I managed a couple of bullheadsgobies call them what you will.Still not decided where we are going tomorrow.

PIGEON114

surely mario can put you on some david, somewhere you can catch a few and put a couple of buckets full of goodies for next day for bag up time just a suggestion tight lines

glenn

Account Locked
Originally posted by David Hargreave

Glen, the place we fished is called Binnenmaas. The place is stunning but without the fish, pointless. There did not appear to be that many pegs, we fished off a wooden jetty that was big enough for the 3 of us. There are a few of these around the lake. A few locals were fishing from boats. by all accounts it is a good pike water. Dont know how but I managed a couple of bullheadsgobies call them what you will.Still not decided where we are going tomorrow.

Dave we looked at it a few years ago,the wooden jetty on the little blue square in the middle ,it bends like 90 degrees,a little further along on google earth a couple of blue squares says something like"holland in the autumn" and there is some local carp lads fishing toward an island.
We asked mario about it but i dont think he has fished past the end of the voorne in his life lol
Ask him about the one he told us to fish a few years ago,its just off the road to the ferry as i said its shallow but has some good bream in the margins,i'm sure we saw a osprey there too ?i will send you a pic from google earth,well i will send it to neils phone

glenn

Account Locked
just looking at it ,its near simonshaven ? are you staying there or is that neils resting place next year ?

ayinga

[:)]david are there many other anglers over there at the moment ?
re the oude maas i presume you were meaning the land locked snake shaped piece of water with maasdam at the far end and westmaas at the end you approached from,if so just before you start to get to westmaas there is a very small marina with a road on the left going down to it. if you park there and walk through the trees to the left (obviously as the water is on that side as you are driving) then there is a long jetty that runs parralel with the bank for a good 60 yds,we fished there about 4 years ago and had a good day. to be honest we stumbled across it as like yourselves found out access is very limited. ps this used to be the old course of the river maas. good luck guys[:T]

ayinga

[:(!][:(!]sorry sorry it should have read just before you drive in to maasdam not bloody westmaas. sorry for the confusion.

spudnudd

Originally posted by emmaemma

Glenn, you mentioned the place near the bridge on an earlier post with maps if i remember right.

So come on Spud/Chris, give us the lowdown on your week. I just might book De Koeburg next year........ but then again.........[?]
Emmaemma i will leave the fishing report to Chris as i can't remember to much about it.With what i have been told my latest night in the bar was 2.15am [:0] the company of Ian and his son was great Ian is one hell of a funny guy and we hit it straight off with the banter[:D]the craic was brilliant .Bigfella and his gang were there also and they to were a great set of guys that we had a good laugh with.I musn't forget Richard he was off the week so we was in his company more than usual,he's a top guy but it does't take many beers for him to go cross eyed[:)] Well i thoroughly enjoyed the week and at certain times it was f--k the fishing i couldn't be ar--d,the longest day was a 6hour session and my shortest 3 hours.I managed a ton 1st day and that was when i was slightly keen but after that 1st night in the bar things went tits up[;)] My biggest bream was 8lb 3oz and i had a 7lb 12oz one out of big zalk not bad for an inebriated old codger[8D][:D][:T]

dbh1705

Originally posted by 12f2004

Are you fishing as well Dave or just work?

Just work pal, I had hoped to meet with Neil but got proper lost in Belgium, neither me the sat nav, or the road signs had a clue what was goin on , got a bit twitchy bum time, ended up on some oil and gas terminal but couldn't get off cos all the roads were no entry lol
Finally managed to get to alblasserdam, but by the time I was leaving I had to get on the road so I didn't miss the ferry, then to top it all got lost again, I could see the ferry just didn't know how to get to it ..... Ps note to self: never coming through zeebrugge again