Who's going Holland 2012

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Checked out the prices for the Dover-Dunkirk ferry today, DFDS as taken it over from Norfolk line, the prices have almost doubled on what they where last year. What with the price of fuel, makes it an expensive way round now.[:(][:(][:(]

Only 40 short of the Hull-Rotterdam price.

PIGEON114

just had comformation from a world 2 vans 1 car 7 persons upto now staying at platts guerner dalfsen 283 pounds each every bodys happy with this even doe price of vans gone up//greedy P O FERYS// never mind still looking forward to it tight lines everybody

TimB

Originally posted by PIGEON114

just had comformation from a world 2 vans 1 car 7 persons upto now staying at platts guerner dalfsen 283 pounds each every bodys happy with this even doe price of vans gone up//greedy P O FERYS// never mind still looking forward to it tight lines everybody
When you going over Paul?

PIGEON114

1st week in june tim it works for us with the holidays we will be celebrating queens birthday in holland //some local lads went to herniken in late sept and struggled ile try to get full imfo and post asap may help future anglers

PIGEON114

thanks for the warning about tea leafes chris try to leave some tainted laxative food out for the dirty rats

glenn

Account Locked
griff how long do you think your ...........................................cakes will last ? cos if you have to make 18 its gonna take you quite a long time ?

glenn

Account Locked
Got a call from carlbarbel says we only have 200 left to pay now , cant be bad 50 deposit and that includes a upgrade to a cabin for 2 with a window but will need to make time for griff's lessons once we get over there so will try and keep the cost down for him ,think i can bring them in for a touch under 30 a hour ?

TimB

Originally posted by glenn

Got a call from carlbarbel says we only have 200 left to pay now , cant be bad 50 deposit and that includes a upgrade to a cabin for 2 with a window but will need to make time for griff's lessons once we get over there so will try and keep the cost down for him ,think i can bring them in for a touch under 30 a hour ?

Whats the current exchange rate beween the Date & Walnut / GW

glenn

Account Locked
Tim get your order in with griff for a cake ,his order book is filling up fast lol,Exchange rate is approx 3 cakes for 1 lesson lol

griff06

Site Supporter
I am thinking about purchasing a cement mixer,for cake mixture,then to prebait with.lol.

glenn

Account Locked
OOOHH a cement mixer ? griff will it not be a bit too much to carry ? ...........................after all you have 4 more PLUS fayther to carry around for 2 WEEKS NEXT JUNE ?
Eh dont laugh at the mixer bit we have said for years that to keep some of those shoals in Holland in front of you all day a cement mixer would be bang on ,problem is do we take it in turns filling it and bank running with it ? or as fayther is about as good as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest ,we ought to let him do it and give him a cup of tea every hour ?

spudnudd

De Koerberg and ferry booked for end of april now its the long wait through the winter[:(] but its all the better when there's another slabbin session to look forward to early next year[:T] Chris the trophy will be a big wooden spoon in april i'm sure your favourite to win that[:D][:D][:p][:T]

spudnudd

Price worked out at roughly 275 each thats 2 in a car DFDS ferry Newcastle and 4 of us in a 6 berth chalet at De Koerberg and 2 berth cabin on ferry.If we had booked 2 car package with a 4 berth cabin on ferry it works out at 236 thats with a 6 berth chalet and 218 with a 4 berth chalet its a bit of messing about doing own bookings but worth it at end of the day[:D][:T]

griff06

Site Supporter
Spudnudd,i tried to book cape helius last year ,and the ferry separate ,in the end i gave up ,and just phoned AW holidays ,got it all sorted ,they phoned me back in an hour ,2 weeks at the cape ,food onboard 2 vans and 6 people,379 pp,if anything happens, as we know it can we will get all our money back ,i honestly don't think the saving you make doing it all yourself is worth it for the sake of a few quid,but that is only my opinion,many on here may disagree,tight lines.

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
Griff, the new owners at De Koerberg do not deal with Anglers World, apparently they have outstanding issues with them from one of their other parks before they took over De Koerberg, therefore we have to book it all ourselves. The only other option for us staying in that area is Buiten Plaats Gerner at Dalfsen and that does'nt suit us.
I've been going to De Koerberg for 10 years now and as you know, I'm great friends with Richard and also now that Martin has taken over the restaurant & bar, I could'nt see any reason to stay anywhere else [:T]

Last edited:

spudnudd

Only problem Griff is you have got to book De Koerberg yourself it ain't in any of angling holiday brochures.Looking at the money Molecatens spent on the campsite there's no chance of it going tits up and they have the other campsite round the corner at Hattem.Like everbody else we used Anglers World when first went there but it seems Molecaten won't deal with them at at all through previous history that i know little about but if true i can understand it.As i say its a bit of messing about booking but worth it and i'm more worried about the possibility of the ferry sinking [:H] than DFDS going bust[:D][:T][:T]

spudnudd

Didn't realise you were browsing Chris but as you say you have been going a lot longer than me so you know the score and its a bonus the NATO lads are going back.[:T][:T]

griff06

Site Supporter
Chris and Spud,really know were you are coming from,i was with a very good friend of Richard on our Christies charity night,Russ Sands,he goes over to Dekoerburg for two weeks every year,i think Richard goes with them while they are there,Chris Russ is great friends with Des i don't like a drink,i like a barrel full.Next year they are going yo have a week in De koeburg ,then come down for a week with us at the cape.tight lines to all.