Who moved Pembrokeshire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then own up, who was it [8D][?]

Next weekend is our wedding anniversary and I thought I'd take the missus away for a treat
So I entered an online charity auction for a weekend away in a hotel in Pembrokeshire as she's always wanted to go to Scotland - and won it [^]

It was only afterwards when I ws telling her not to make any plans for that weekend as we were going away to Scotland that she looked at me in that 'stoopid' way and said "Isn't Pembrokeshire in Wales?"

I must say navigating has never been my strong point but to get something 400+ miles wrong is a record for me lol
Can anyone confirm when the powers that be moved it? [8D]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Id ask Geoff, he must be taking counties with him everytime he moves. lol

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good job that new motor has Sat Nav. jump.gif

john83

Account Locked
nope it's defo in cymru

lovely area on the coast, good sea fishing too, hopefully the weather will be good for you.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
The only part of W(h)ales I took with me when I moved was the bone in the corsets belonging to 'er indoors.

duffman

Well, to the best of my knowledge, in the 20 years I have lived in Tenby, Pembrokeshire hasn't moved an inch.

You'll like it here, Dave. Where are you staying, it's only fair that I warn them you are on your way, as we have 'special' prices for the english !!!! :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A place called The Old Rectory at Castlemartin

Never mind the special prices for the English, have you got discounted prices for Yorkshiremen ?? [;)]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I'm not in a position to mock.

I was working in Canterbury when I was summoned to get to the Isle of Sheppey for an urgent meeting that same morning.

Told 'em there was no way I could get to Scotland as quick as that.[:I]

sahara

[:I]whos a ninny then dave [;)]

Hope you have a nice time.... Wish my hubby would take me on a nice weekend away [:(]

ubat

Always fancied going to Pembrokeshire, would have to go to Holgans Farm!

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
I have been many times. Very nice place [;)]

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Scotland is a brill place to visit. I love visiting the countryside around Inverness. It's a shame Pembrokeshire is not in Scotland you would then have 2 great areas of the country close together. But don't forget Yorkshire is best.[:)]

duffman

It is indeed where the army are based, Larry.Castlemartin is a little way out from the main areas, but as it's a dirty romantic weekend away, should earn many, many browny points !!! Not far from the idyllic Bosherston lily ponds and Broadhaven beach.Pembroke is probably the nearest town, nice around the castle, but not much else to reccommend it ! If you have time, Dave, a trip to Tenby, and maybe a boat-ride to Caldy Island ( not on a Sunday) would be an winner.

As far as a Yorkshire discount goes, unless my geography is as bad as yours, that qualifies for full-on english rates !!!!

There will be a bacon butty and a cuppa waiting at the Tenby Leisure Centre cafe, for you and Mrs Webster though, if you can catch me open on a weekend ( saturday morning).Any later and Holgan is where you'll find me. And it's been fishing it's head of lately !

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been known to travel a lot further for a free bacon butty and a cuppa [:D]

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
I worked down there for 5 years dave ,lovely part of the country [:)]

whitespringsboy

dave it's only a fourty minute drive, tops from white springs about fifty miles

you have to pass us to get there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.