Who Is Getting Tested?

TonyA

Site Supporter
I'm still struggling to see the point of tests - surely its only valid at the moment the swab was taken?
And as for the antibody test - sir you've had covid 19, - cheers, what do I do with that info?

Zerkalo

My sister (GP) had to have it I think and got her results (negative) the same day.

davepellet

200,000 tests in one day could actually be 50,000 individuals having 4 tests each...

my son had to have a test recently, due to his housemate having worked in close proximity with someone who tested positive (didn't get picked up by the tracing process though, the bloke himself took it upon himself to contact the other lad)

He requested a test online around lunchtime, test arrived the day after at 6pm... he had to wait until the next day to do the test - because the couriers knock off at 4pm so wouldn't come until the next day anyway.... then the instructions say 3-5 days wait for results, so he was waiting all weekend, not able to go out for food while he waited for his (negative) result to come early the following week

24 hour turnaround??? I guess that depends on what your job is...!

and the most frustrating thing is, in Sheffield they've just opened a new drive-through facility in one of the car parks at Meadowhall, but it's only available by referral via the same online portal my son used... so clearly he wasn't important enough to warrant a quick trip down there (3 miles!)