Who Is Getting Tested?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Daughter had phone call at 9 to say her lads Covid test Was negative.
so happy days she says. She can go into work tonight. The sister who was having to cover her and did last night can now stop off.
And I haven’t got to worry as she was in our garden last week.
Winner winner chicken dinner

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I still want to know why so many are being tested yet so few provide a positive result.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Perhaps because a high percentage of those tested have been from or connected (directly/indirectly) to the health sector,had access to PPE and knew how to wear it correctly,knew what the guidance was for and stuck to it,were more savvy due to their profession etc

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I still want to know why so many are being tested yet so few provide a positive result.
With the track and trace now up and running a lot of companies are panicking like crazy. 1 positive test could shut a canny size company down.

crackatoa

Site Supporter

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
A lot depends on where they are taking samples from
The nasal and throat swabs have a low concentration of the virus and the test is inefficient with this type of test.

Keith Sparky

Let's hope 66 million are tested with the antibodies kits asap.......should give some reassurance to those that have had the virus and help build a picture of immunity.

corbyclubman

My 9 year old son had covid and spent two weeks in hospital seriously ill with the multi system inflammatory syndrome that you may have seen surfacing over last few weeks. His test was negative, the doctors IMO have little respect for the test result whatsoever. My missus is a home carer looking after severely disabled adults, bearing in mind the news about my son, this still wasn’t Officially enough reason to warrant her getting tested, her boss had to lie and say she had symptoms, which she didn’t. Absolute madness and putting people at risk.

Anyone out there with kids, I would seriously consider keeping your child at home until September, as we are

corbyclubman

That reads on the website that you can ask for a test for them not For you, if they have symptoms. I can’t see it worded on there as it is in your message?
This was in April and at that time my OH was advised to just self isolate for 14 days

stikflote

Site Supporter
Figures show 290 143 people have corona virus ,41, thousand died ,juist where do they get the 290 143
figures from

DFL

Site Supporter
What's the point, you could catch it hours after having the test.
As proved with me.

I went into hospital with suspected Covid, I was struggling to breathe.

Swabbed soon after arrival on the Sunday, diagnosed Monday as having blood clots on lung, Tuesday Corvid result came back negative, sent home Wednesday, became ill Friday, tested again, this time positive.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Daughter is getting the antibodies test in morning after her night shift.