Who is fishing this weekend?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
With the working week already over for me I'm looking forward to making the most of this weekend.

I'm going to go to the park lake near me again tomorrow. I blanked there last time and don't expect anything to change this time round as it's not going to be warm, even colder than last time I went, but it's a nice challenging lake and I'll be happy with one fish. I'm going to practise using a worm kebab rig so if I do catch a fish there's the probability it will be a decent one.

I have 3 pints of maggots, hemp and worms from my wormery. No chance I'll use 3 pints tomorrow so I was just saying to my dad that I'll keep the leftover bait and give it a few hours on the weir on Sunday. I don't expect to catch anything from the weir either given the time of year but you never know.

That's all part of the excitement for me, not knowing. I could go to easier places but for me fishing is not all about catching, it's about spending time at nice places, that being said there's always the chance of some decent fish... a big Crucian, Tench or Bream from the park wouldn't go amiss, nor would a Barbel from the weir but I'd be happy with anything.

How about you? What are your plans?

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Going to a club lake on Sunday to try and get a few bream, which so far this year have been pretty elusive, in fact my catches in general havent been upto much.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Would have been out this morning but a rapidly rising river put paid to that, will have a look and see how sunday pans out

Rob F

Site Supporter
Hopefully!

Half a dozen sardines left in the freezer for dead baiting - not sure where yet though, Doxey marshes probably.
And a new toy delivered yesterday needs a wetting - Shakespeare Mach 3 13ft float rod off fleabay - not sure of venue but maybe just a play on the local canal to say I have.
Weather looking OK for ST20 too!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’m in the maybe category as the forecast has taken a turn for the worse with northerly winds well into the teens combined with single figure temperatures, near flooded rivers and an incredibly peggy canal not making it all that appealing a prospect 😅

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I’m in the maybe category as the forecast has taken a turn for the worse with northerly winds well into the teens combined with single figure temperatures, near flooded rivers and incredibly peggy canal not making it all that appealing a prospect 😅
If you're thinking of the canal again you might be the same as me, where there's always a slight element of trepidation involved after a good session because the 'pressure' is on to try and repeat it. :LOL:

Hiya Zerkalo! What reel do you use on your Mach 3?
Most often a TDR 3012 but sometimes a cheaper Daiwa Crossfire 2500. Tried a couple of Cadence CS4 reels and I'm to the point of not using them as the line always goes behind the spool. Love my TDR though.

Total

Site Supporter
.....Tried a couple of Cadence CS4 reels and I'm to the point of not using them as the line always goes behind the spool.....
Best place for them like the Mitchell reels.....In the bin....:poop:(y)

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
No fishing this weekend it's wall to wall work, Monday I'll be on the river then it's nights.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Tried fishing couple of hours yesterday after trying to get back my pole sections with a grapple hook no luck
only had cheese and pellets for bait didn't get a bite another angler on lake not had a bite either

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just been in my wormery to get worms for tomorrow and struggled to find 15 decent sized ones. It was heaving last year so maybe a lot have died over winter as they're not escaping. I will probably have to top it up next time I buy some worms as I've just took out all the decent ones.

tincatim

Site Supporter
I’ve got a free day on Sunday which will my last chance to fish a river this season. I feel like I should have one last session on the Dearne to finish off the campaign. As long as the levels are dropping by then, I’ll be there, hoping for a barbel as always but happy to catch anything!

If the river is a mess then I’ll have to give it a miss and head to a lake somewhere. Probably somewhere deep so I can have a crack at fishing a Polaris float/feeder set up. Just for fun really and to try something new.

tincatim

Site Supporter
Just been in my wormery to get worms for tomorrow and struggled to find 15 decent sized ones. It was heaving last year so maybe a lot have died over winter as they're not escaping. I will probably have to top it up next time I buy some worms as I've just took out all the decent ones.
Is it covered up and protected from birds? Just a thought that birds could be pinching them.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah I've just checked the Worcs Stour levels and it's 0.5m up. That's a lot for this little river and will be racing through on the weir, but I hope it will have dropped to a perfect 0.25m by Sunday.

Re birds, yeah it's covered up. It's a proper wormery tower and I'm sure they're not escaping.

AdamRussell93

I’ve got a free day on Sunday which will my last chance to fish a river this season. I feel like I should have one last session on the Dearne to finish off the campaign. As long as the levels are dropping by then, I’ll be there, hoping for a barbel as always but happy to catch anything!

If the river is a mess then I’ll have to give it a miss and head to a lake somewhere. Probably somewhere deep so I can have a crack at fishing a Polaris float/feeder set up. Just for fun really and to try something new.
Got a fair tow on it, just drove over on my way to the gym because I was gunna head down Sunday too 🤦🏻‍♂️

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Weather hearabouts is supposed to be parky... will give it a miss this weekend

tincatim

Site Supporter
Got a fair tow on it, just drove over on my way to the gym because I was gunna head down Sunday too 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hopefully it’s dropped a bit by Sunday. There’s no more rain forecast now. To be fair I might fish it anyway, and just drop a smelly bait or some worms into the slacks. You never know what’s lurking there, even if past experience tells me “nothing” 😬