Who is fishing this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Laddo did not have it all his own way today. Ended up with just short of 7lbs. The fish didn't want to feed in any numbers . Great being out in the sun though

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I’ve decided to go out tomorrow afternoon . The last few mornings have been a bit frosty, and this morning it’s come over foggy since I got up. It was a lovely sunny day here yesterday , and is supposed to be the same later and tomorrow. So I will get some bait later and get all my gear ready. Up early in the morning and milk, have breakfast and away late morning. That way the water will hopefully warm up a bit and I can fish into dusk.

Zerkalo

Good to see a lot of people getting out and enjoying this fresh spring weather. I'm going to the tackle shop on the way back from my job in Rugby today to get 2 pints of maggots and some size 14 B911s for a day on the river tomorrow. It's probably going to be frosty but the river should be nice and crisp so fingers crossed.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
On Monday I’m going to Home Farm pool at Napton , Warks, not too far, a lovely Carp match lake , hopefully they’ll be on the munch ....I want to try out some bait combinations, some elastics, and some floats 👍👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
On Monday I’m going to Home Farm pool at Napton , Warks, not too far, a lovely Carp match lake , hopefully they’ll be on the munch ....I want to try out some bait combinations, some elastics, and some floats 👍👍
You’re brave announcing that on here fair play to you 👍🏻

Must say I’m tempted to push a bit further than I have been as doesn’t really make any difference does it.

Last edited:

Browner

Back on the Bristol Avon this morning. Fished my usual bread punch on the float and swapped between bread punch/likky bread with a small feeder and a straight lead with meat. Fished really well. Lots of good roach on both methods and one chub on the meat. Happy with that for a 3 hr session.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
1 and a bit hours in the summer, so I would expect him to get the same in an afternoon. He needs a challenge. I didn't say it would be realistic :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Good stamp there 👏 ,how much do you charge for lessons ,wow proper roach

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Got to the club "commercial" this morning at 7am as I expected it to be busy. The main ponds are a slog through heavy mud, so everyone is making a beeline for this one as it's a nice gravel car park, & well tended grassy paths. I was right....14 of the 20 pegs were filled in no time. Last night's hard frost made it a grueller & hardly anybody was catching. I'd had a crucian & a chub by midday.
It picked up a bit in the afternoon & I had a mixture of F1's, Ide, Chub & Roach but only about 12 fish in total. Nice to be out though in the glorious sunshine.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Got to the club "commercial" this morning at 7am as I expected it to be busy. The main ponds are a slog through heavy mud, so everyone is making a beeline for this one as it's a nice gravel car park, & well tended grassy paths. I was right....14 of the 20 pegs were filled in no time. Last night's hard frost made it a grueller & hardly anybody was catching. I'd had a crucian & a chub by midday.
It picked up a bit in the afternoon & I had a mixture of F1's, Ide, Chub & Roach but only about 12 fish in total. Nice to be out though in the glorious sunshine.
At least you caught a few mate 👍were getting all giddy to get out cos the weather is nice , but we’re brought back down to earth with reality, with the actual fishing 😂😂

endpeg

All commercials round here are rammed every day, not just weekend, I'm gonna wait til we can match fish again.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Got a pint of casters , pint of red maggot and half pint of whites. Liquidised a new white loaf. Gear all ready now for tomorrow afternoon. I shall try and remember my phone to take some photos of my catch. Thats if I catch anything.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
I went on the llangollen canal this morning, but knew it was going to be a struggle, bright sunshine and the canal was very clear, you could see almost 2ft down. After 3 hours l had only had 15 smallish roach and 1 gudgeon, packed up at 12noon and came home and cleaned the gear, have decided to have a day on a club lake tomorrow after the bream, fishing the method. The pole can stay at home. I hope to have something worthwhile to report back on tomorrow.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I went on the llangollen canal this morning, but knew it was going to be a struggle, bright sunshine and the canal was very clear, you could see almost 2ft down. After 3 hours l had only had 15 smallish roach and 1 gudgeon, packed up at 12noon and came home and cleaned the gear, have decided to have a day on a club lake tomorrow after the bream, fishing the method. The pole can stay at home. I hope to have something worthwhile to report back on tomorrow.
Think the sun and frosts have killed our canal for a bit as well so glad I chose the commercial Friday and can hopefully get on it again tomorrow. My uncle and cousin were back on the canal peg today that they had maybe 30lb from on Wednesday (the one I mentioned in this thread) and they got less than 3lb this time. Similarly a few blokes in my club have gone from bagging to scratching over the week.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’m on the river. Looks spot on but ice on the car this morning. Only a couple of taps so far so looking like the third blank in a row here.

D9E64DCA-F34F-4044-A4FB-BE389840D450.jpeg
I think you’re right about the fish moving out of the weirpool, as all them chub would feed in the coldest conditions , good luck though mate, it might surprise you 👍👍

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm off to sample my club's
newly acquired lake to-morrow. I'm given to believe that it hasn't been fished for a while.
Excitement mounts!

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Good stamp there 👏 ,how much do you charge for lessons ,wow proper roach
I don't charge. Whilst coaching in the previous junior club a random chap came round the lake and said loudly " which one of you is Shaun?" The other lads pointed at me and the chap walked up with a stern face and said ' are you Shaun?" Yep I said nervously. He shot out his hand, nice to meet ya, I am Fred*, the guy in the tackle shop says you will teach me. This was news to me. He asked if he could tag along to the next kids session and fish at the side of them and I could help him. Turns out he had just come back from service and needed an outlet. I got him catching and we became good friends. Happy to help anybody because I find it helps clarify my thoughts in my own fishing.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I don't charge. Whilst coaching in the previous junior club a random chap came round the lake and said loudly " which one of you is Shaun?" The other lads pointed at me and the chap walked up with a stern face and said ' are you Shaun?" Yep I said nervously. He shot out his hand, nice to meet ya, I am Fred*, the guy in the tackle shop says you will teach me. This was news to me. He asked if he could tag along to the next kids session and fish at the side of them and I could help him. Turns out he had just come back from service and needed an outlet. I got him catching and we became good friends. Happy to help anybody because I find it helps clarify my thoughts in my own fishing.
Good on you 👏

Zerkalo

I think you’re right about the fish moving out of the weirpool, as all them chub would feed in the coldest conditions , good luck though mate, it might surprise you 👍👍
Cheers mate. No joy though. No fish there is my excuse. :LOL: Third blank in a row. I do think everything has vacated the pool when all the snow water went through a few weeks back though. It might be worth me trying downstream but because of lockdown I don't feel like knocking on the cottage to get a day ticket. I did have a couple of bites today early on though, one was definitely a bite because the worm was smashed. I think it will be summer before there's some fish there again now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.