Who is fishing this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
It was up and running fished a 5no4 Allerton stick float 1.7 bayer hook length and b520 size 18 . Had 3 chub 2 roach 3 dace. Lost one chub in a snag and swung a dace off. Only one other there he had one roach.
On the Trent ?

R0B

Went today, plenty of small roach but nothing large. The WIND however (35mph) was unmanageable and nearly wrecked my brolly.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Working from home today and getting teased with pictures from my uncle and cousin who area apparently getting loads of nice perch and decent roach down the canal. 15 degrees today though and 10 tops next day off I’ve got so could be a completely different kettle of fish then so not sure whether to risk it or stick to the safer bet of the commercial.
1614185156899.jpeg
1614185233133.jpeg

1614186783971.jpeg
Apparently they ended up with probably 30lb between them in 5 hours which is good going anywhere but unheard of on the waggler from that canal. Lots of roach to half a pound, half a dozen of the perch over a pound up to around a couple pounds and a couple bream to couple pounds, even a couple small chub. My uncle described it as was one of the best days he’s ever had and I can believe it given how tricky I’ve always found that canal so must have been very rewarding.

Now watch me make a complete hash of fishing it at the weekend 😂

Pyffy

Site Supporter
With the Nene having dropped to near normal levels I am hoping for a few hours on Friday on the Wellingborough town embankment stretch. Haven’t fished it since I moved to Rushden in 2006 and want to see if any of the chub are still there in their old haunts. If not I’m sure the roach will play ball after the warmer weather of this week.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I’m hoping to give the local river ago this weekend. It will be the first time out for 5 or 6 weeks as it’s been unfishable due to the weather.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Going back on the Shroppie tomorrow, on the way to Beeston, going on a section l have only fished a couple of times in the past. Will report back tomorrow evening, good bad or indifferent.

Griffo

Site Supporter
Hoping to get out Friday, to a new venue to me, Barnbrough Lakes, only 3.5 miles away, been resisted all lockdown but if I don’t get out soon I think I’m going to crack, really need to get out, my usual venue is 3.5 miles the other direction (not been since last October)Loversall Lakes, cracking venue in the summer but too shallow in the winter. Anyone any tips for fishing Barnbrough?

Zerkalo

Since my job got cancelled today and it's a beautiful day, my mom said why don't you go fishing? I considered it but there might be somebody already fishing in the spot, I'm not sure what the river levels will be like, ideally I want it quite clear so I can fish maggots and catch Chub, and so I think I'm going to wait till Sunday. Will get there before first light to ensure I get the spot, not too difficult at this time of year.

Apparently they ended up with probably 30lb between them in 5 hours which is good going anywhere but unheard of on the waggler from that canal. Lots of roach to half a pound, half a dozen of the perch over a pound up to around a couple pounds and a couple bream to couple pounds, even a couple small chub. My uncle described it as was one of the best days he’s ever had and I can believe it given how tricky I’ve always found that canal so must have been very rewarding.

Now watch me make a complete hash of fishing it at the weekend 😂
That's a good catch for any time of year on a canal.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Im going to have a "proper" days angling this coming week

most of my trips out lately have been short days, armed with just a whip mainly, just to get me and himself out from indoors,

fancy a spot that has done me fine this time of the year in hythe town centre, on the military, or a day over to canterbury on the river,

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
That's a good catch for any time of year on a canal.
Yeah think they were pretty awe struck. Definitely the best waggler catch I’ve heard of from it around here and probably the best weight that wasn’t bream dominated as well.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Will be out on Saturday and/or Sunday (depending on the brownie points banked by then)

Been doing almost solely pole fishing for the last couple of months, so going with rods only this weekend. Feeder and possibly trying out the new waggler setup if conditions are right.

Forecast is ok, possibility of a frost on Friday night, but fairly warm and no rain. Looking forward to it.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Should be a nice day in the sun Friday but expecting it to be hard early on in the bright sun and barely above freezing temperatures, should pick up by midday though as quite warm then. Will decide where to go on the morning when I’ll know how cold it actually is.

BBear

Site Supporter
Hoping to get to the river on Monday next week as I have a clear day - though that may still get scuppered with work.

haven’t been out since November so desperate to go.

squimp

Site Supporter
I finally caught a fish yesterday after about 13 or 14 straight blanks. Allegedly the first caught there since mid December.

It weighed 27.04 which is a small one for that water ! And it was a mirror which is even more unusual - most of the fish are commons.

Normal service was resumed today - I fished for 3 hours early this am, along with 3 others (good news travels fast) and nobody had a bite.

Billy the fish 1954

Out tomorrow first session since October, maggots on order to collect bit of bread for sobbing, heated sock batteries on charge will be toastie warm, anything caught will be a bonus as had enough of shielding roll on springtime

Status
Not open for further replies.