Who is fishing this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Won't be wetting a line till the weekend, probably Saturday, if the weather holds. Some good catches made over this weekend just gone though. Good Ide, Roach and Bream been showing including a couple of Koi, very little yet in the though. way of the larger Carp

nobberman

Going out this Friday first time since September, 5 KM limit here in Ireland plenty of lakes near, all natural waters , can be difficult with all the rain lately, I will put in a few balls of ground bait on Thursday, never fished on seen a commercial water.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I'm assuming we still have to stay local, if I were allowed to travel I would get to chard reservoir for some feeder flinging as the dorset stour is up and chocolate, if its local it will have to be the club ponds again ! So either Friday or Sunday for me.

nobberman

I'm assuming we still have to stay local, if I were allowed to travel I would get to chard reservoir for some feeder flinging as the dorset stour is up and chocolate, if its local it will have to be the club ponds again ! So either Friday or Sunday for me.
Yes inside the limits, probably windy and raining but I don't care.

Browner

The wind caused problems today so changed location and ended up further down stream than I initially intended. Had some roach on the feeder but trying to control a float was almost impossible.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Won't be wetting a line till the weekend, probably Saturday, if the weather holds. Some good catches made over this weekend just gone though. Good Ide, Roach and Bream been showing including a couple of Koi, very little yet in the though. way of the larger Carp
Koi ? Come out of next doors garden pond. What we told you about that. 🤣

Has that tackle shop in your village finally closed Peter. My dad says that every time he drives past it’s shut. 🤔

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Koi ? Come out of next doors garden pond. What we told you about that. 🤣

Has that tackle shop in your village finally closed Peter. My dad says that every time he drives past it’s shut. 🤔
Not allowed to open as it's classed non-essential. He does however come round the lakes in his car with a boot full of bait in case anyone wants anything.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Not allowed to open as it's classed non-essential. He does however come round the lakes in his car with a boot full of bait in case anyone wants anything.
All the tackle shops I know are open Peter. 🤔.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
All the tackle shops I know are open Peter. 🤔.
Pass on that then. There are 2 round here, both closed as classed none essential, and as said earlier, there's one of them that loads up his car boot and comes round the lakes.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Went to the Shroppie again today, and the wind blowing down the canal was just crazy, no real chance of any decent presentation, so l spent the session fishing short down the track at 5 mtrs.
Fished bread punch and liquidised bread.
Had mostly roach, with a few skimmers and hybrids, oh and three gudgeon.
Will be out again either Thursday or friday. Only had 7lb 10oz today, but cant complain considering the conditions. IMG-20210223-WA0009.jpg IMG-20210223-WA0008.jpg

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Pass on that then. There are 2 round here, both closed as classed none essential, and as said earlier, there's one of them that loads up his car boot and comes round the lakes.
Strange is that. At R&R at Bawtry you ring them, place your order and they fetch it to the door for you. At Willy Worms they had a table outside but, now they are letting you in up to the counter. My restraining order with Emma Pickering only allows me up to Drax power station though. 🤣🤣🤣

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Went to the Shroppie again today, and the wind blowing down the canal was just crazy, no real chance of any decent presentation, so l spent the session fishing short down the track at 5 mtrs.
Fished bread punch and liquidised bread.
Had mostly roach, with a few skimmers and hybrids, oh and three gudgeon.
Will be out again either Thursday or friday. Only had 7lb 10oz today, but cant complain considering the conditions. IMG-20210223-WA0009.jpg IMG-20210223-WA0008.jpg
Good effort, was rather grim weather today.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
It was up and running fished a 5no4 Allerton stick float 1.7 bayer hook length and b520 size 18 . Had 3 chub 2 roach 3 dace. Lost one chub in a snag and swung a dace off. Only one other there he had one roach.

Attachments

• 20210224_134558.jpg
    20210224_134558.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 15

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Working from home today and getting teased with pictures from my uncle and cousin who area apparently getting loads of nice perch and decent roach down the canal. 15 degrees today though and 10 tops next day off I’ve got so could be a completely different kettle of fish then so not sure whether to risk it or stick to the safer bet of the commercial.
1614185156899.jpeg
1614185233133.jpeg

1614186783971.jpeg

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It was up and running fished a 5no4 Allerton stick float 1.7 bayer hook length and b520 size 18 . Had 3 chub 2 roach 3 dace. Lost one chub in a snag and swung a dace off. Only one other there he had one roach.
. A beautiful days fishing mate 🎣🎣🎣💪💪

Status
Not open for further replies.