Who is fishing this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Just thought l would start this off as we didnt have one over the weekend just gone. Hope to hear some reports either good or bad.
I will be on the Shroppie again tomorrow, meeting a fishing buddy on the towpath, hoping the fish are starting to gett their appetites back now the temperature is starting to rise.

pies

Site Supporter
Went yesterday. Hard work and a mixed bag. But boy were the fish cold. That snow melt really going to take a while to warm up. Just nice to get out

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Probably the end of the week. I've not got my hopes up too much though. I think most of the Chub have left the weir pool rather than just not feeding as if they were there I think I would be able to catch them. I think they have left the pool and gone downstream under the cover of coloured and torrential water. So even though the river should be spot on, it depends if there's any fish where I'll be.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Fished about 4 hours Saturday and about 6 hours on Sunday both on a local commercial. Probably 60 odd mixed fish for about 35lb the first day and about 100 mixed fish the second day for about 25lb. Hadn’t been to the place in many years as it’s not my typical sort of venue but just nice to get out and catch fish at the moment so was very enjoyable. Just a big pond really so seems the water warmed pretty quick as it was frozen solid 9 days ago. Planning to go again Friday.

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Booked Friday off to go fishing. Going to spend the morning trotting a float on a little river for anything that swims and the afternoon after pike in a local gravel pit

R0B

Planning on Wednesday - couldn't buy a bite last week and after two hours got called away so had to cut the session, which was planned to be a whole day pole fishing the flat float and backing up with the feeder. So I have beef with the river and need to offset the balance. Different tack I think this week, trotting bread and cheesepaste, traveling lighter and maybe moving swims if nothing doing.

Browner

Back on the Bristol Avon tomorrow. Going to try the Sea Cadets area in the morning for an hour or two then a short walk down stream and have a couple of hours in the park area in the afternoon. Walked along it this evening and looks good for a feeder and waggler attack.

rudd

Site Supporter
Two hours last thing on Saturday - hooked a carp but lost it.
Four other members there most of day, two had a carp each, one had two, the other blanked.
They were all using double specimen rod set ups and carp rigs.
I gave it a go with tip/bomb/bread/small pop ups.

John Step

Site Supporter
Only my usual 3 times this week. Lucky to have 3 local venues. Be rude not to go.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just thought l would start this off as we didnt have one over the weekend just gone. Hope to hear some reports either good or bad.
I will be on the Shroppie again tomorrow, meeting a fishing buddy on the towpath, hoping the fish are starting to gett their appetites back now the temperature is starting to rise.
We've just acquired yet another length of the Shroppy...at Croughton & Backford. behind Chester Zoo. Quite a few lengths of it to fish now.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Probably at the weekend. 8th March is the day of days for me as my boy will go back to school, I get my normal working week back including regular day off... YIPPEE!!!

Nicky Dodds

Tried it yesterday and it wasn't all it cracked up to be. Did 6 hours at great heck and had one bite which was the smallest perch in the world. There was a lad with a bream and a roach and three more anglers blanked. Might try selby canal tomorrow.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Fished Elvington last weekend. Wasn’t too bad- not amazing but not a red letter day either.

baggy

Mark Saunders
I wish I could starting to get twitchy about going, I can’t go until I have my second vaccination in May. I can’t wait, I’m even getting fed up doing prep now

Birtleyheed

Intend fishing my local commercial on Thursday. Leaving my margin pole at home for a change, and using groundbait feeder and a bit of mid-lake waggler with maggot/mussel/expander pellet hookbaits chasing ( and hopefully catching 🤞 ) a few silvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.