Who has had the covid jab?

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Along with my wife going to Wetherby this Saturday . Slightly concerned that the booster jab is 12 weeks after the first jab. Have booked our summer holidays in July of this year. Might be a gamble, although if we aren’t back to some kind of normality by then we are up the creek without a paddle.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Been on the fence about this for some time, but there's been a lot of debate about anti-Vaxxers on Facebook lately. I am now coming forward to stand up and say I'm firmly in the anti-Vax camp. And I know most will be rolling their eyes at this now.

I have my reasons, like many anti-Vaxxers, but it's important that everyone approaches this sensitive topic armed with the information THEY know to be true. I know my truth and I have first hand experience that backs up my stance. I had a Vax once and it was the noisiest, worst vacuum cleaner ever. I will never buy one again. All these armchair experts have clearly never experienced the disappointment of having to go over the same piece of carpet again and again to pick up the same piece of fluff.

I am firmly in the shark camp now, and I will not be told otherwise !!!
It's a good job I read posts fully through as you were just about to get your ear bent :D

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
For any naysayers
Covid

Everyone has the right to refuse the offer of a covid vaccination,but why would you.?

Are you really willing to continue to be at risk ,or indeed infecting others that could include

your nearest and dearest.Do you really want to negate the trojan efforts by all involved

in this world leading roll out.

The more vaccine refusers the more this disease is perpetuated,and data is emerging

that the chance of being infected after being vaccinated is very slim indeed.

I implore all right minded people who are offered a jab

Do the right thing

ACCEPT IT AND HELP THE WORLD BEAT COVD-19
Cant wait for mine

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I've not had the jab.
I am 68, and have had heart failure and kidney injury in the last 12 months. :cry:

But I live in Bridlington, where 95% of the population is older and even more decrepit than I am, so there's a bloody huge queue in front of me.
It's all relative. :)

Last edited:

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
It's a good job I read posts fully through as you were just about to get your ear bent :D
Just thought I'd post something to lighten the mood Dave. In reality I truly can't wait to get the injection and I really can't understand why anyone would choose not to, not just for themselves but for their family, friends and neighbours.

A couple of my neighbours have already had their first jab and they are only a year or so older than me so hopefully it will be soon.

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Just had a call from our local Doctors. Injections booked for me and SWMBO tomorrow afternoon. Yipeeeeeeeee. (y)

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
I've not had the jab.
I am 68, and have had heart failure and kidney injury in the last 12 months. :cry:

But I live in Bridlington, where 95% of the population is older and even more decrepit than I am, so there's a bloody huge queue in front of me.
But your everybody’s relative in Brid :giggle:

alsur

Site Supporter
Had mine this afternoon really well organised in and out in just over 20 mins and that included sitting down for 15 minutes afterwards, Pfizer vaccine.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I've not had the jab.

My dad is 69 and had his letter today for jab on Friday, hang in there I'm sure you'll be getting one soon

Had mine today. Thank you to NHS and volunteers at Tidworth Leisure Centre.
Superb organisation from arriving to leaving. Could not be faulted.

BTMS

Site Supporter
Had mine yesterday in out and done in 20 mins. Absolutely brilliant well organized(y)

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Had mine today (pfiezer) only side affect for me was my feet went cold straight away, not surprised really when vaccine is -70, will be wearing my thermal socks when i go for my 2nd dose. ;)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
loving all this, still seeing faceache posts for people moaning, not having the jab, what pandemic etc. i just hit the hide and ignore button!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Is crazy they've pulled off 10 million already, in essentially a month given very little happened before Christmas. Was thinking I might be facing a couple months in the summer where I'd potentially be post anti bodies but pre vaccine but if they carry on at this rate I could well get my first vaccine dose before my antibodies wane.

jods

Site Supporter
My Mum getting it Saturday. I love the NHS. Still not sure i need it though :)

Dansdad16

Site Supporter
I've had the AstraZeneca one, felt a bit under the weather for 12 hours afterwards and then as right as rain. Wife had the Pfizer one, no reaction at all apart from a sore arm for a couple of days.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I can understand some younger generation not wanting the jab as covid will probably not kill them or make them bad but as more research and results come in and hopefully the jab does stop you spreading the virus then it’s really important for every age group to get vaccinated. For the country as a whole.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Had mine on Wednesday and the missus had hers through work about three weeks ago